Followers

Thursday, August 13, 2026

What is this thing?

Okay, so, this was on the floor next to my desk chair in the Momcave.

It wasn't there last night, I'd be willing to swear to it.
I don't remember ever seeing it. I have zero clues about what it might be.

I waited for Eric to get home to ask him about it, he said he's never seen it before and also has no idea what it is.

So let's just skip right over the 'who left this thing' because NO ONE DID. 
Eric didn't do it. I did not do it. No one else lives here. No one else has been in the house.

I think we're going to have to say Glitch in the Matrix on this.

But WHAT IS IT???

Any ideas?

Edited to add: I read today that using the same answer for all 'what is this' posts is perfectly acceptable. 

Here's that answer, courtesy of ye olde internet:

I have one. 
It’s a fart tone adjuster. 
Stick it up your bottom and it changes the pitch of your farts to a more pleasant sounding tone.




 

16 comments:

  1. AI says: “It’s a furniture leg glide for square metal tube legs — probably from a kitchen chair. The bumpy side goes on the floor.”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. First, we don't have anything like that here. Second, the bumps would scratch the hell out of the floor if we did.

      I still cannot figure out where it came from, though. SO weird. There was nothing on the floor in here when I went to bed last night.

      Delete
  2. No clue. But I hear the X-files is being rebooted, ha. *cues theme music*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No clue here, either. Both on 'what the hell is this thing' and 'where the hell did this thing come from'. It's WEIRD, is what it is....

      Delete
  3. It looks like a part of something that broke off or came loose. Have you been moving any appliances or furniture recently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. It's a weird thing. Lots of guesses from here and there, though.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous7:33 PM

    Cheap plastic molding used as a foot for a lightweight device intended to act as a foot. The recessed hole takes a screw and the nubs keep the foot from sliding and/or leaving a square depression on carpet. Used on vinyl flooring the weight is insufficient to cause dimpling and has the advantage of allowing a mopped floor to dry quickly leaving eight small points of dirt, as opposed to a much larger square that stays wet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would make sense except we have no items of furniture it would go to. And there's still the WHERE DID THIS COME FROM??

      Delete
  5. It looks like a LEGO, but is probably something that fell off the bottom of something so check the bottoms of stuff that is Square, it is probably some end cap that fell off and the screw came loose. That's all I got... and I could be Wrong...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I saw this on someone else's social media or whatever, I'd say that, too. We just have nothing at all in our home that would fit. It's so strange, and added to the 'where the hell did this come from' it's even more odd.
      ::shrug::

      Delete
  6. Anonymous4:16 PM

    A rolling carrying case or storage tub might have this foot piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Still trying to figure it out. If I ever do. I will definitely post it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fart tone adjuster? That sounds like something "AI" would come up with (or that I would come up with). Looks very uncomfortable to use as directed, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a 12 year old boy in a past life. My mind immediately went to, hey, how about we get like 15 of them adjusted to different tones and we can make a symphony!

      Delete

Would it kill you to comment?