Followers

Friday, August 07, 2026

mischief managed

Made it over to the medical office complex today. 
2nd attempt to see the vampire. 



There were fewer people in the waiting area this time, but the wait was longer. Make it make sense.

I ended up having to wait about 15 minutes past my appointment time. Once I was in the sacrifice room, it was really fast. I let the phlebotomist know that I did not want adhesives on my skin. Contact dermatitis is a real nuisance, if you didn't know that.

I asked her how many people she takes blood from every day. She said there were two people doing the blood draws and that almost every day they go over 200 patients.

Told you I felt like livestock.

But she was fast and efficient. I won't even have a bruise. There's a very tiny red mark where she stuck me, but I doubt it will even be visible in a couple days.

The first test results came wandering through my email a few minutes ago, everything looks fine. I'll be interested to see what the other tests show.

There's a bit of aggravation right now with my job, though.
::sigh::

I'll write another thrilling post about that soon, hopefully over the weekend. 

Why can't things just stay mostly the same? Huh?? 

12 comments:

  1. Change isn't always good and the uncertainty it brings is uncomfortable. I hope it's soon resolved for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the lab service is prompt. Results are in. I'm supposed to 'allow 5 days' for my doctor to look at the results. I have an appointment in October, but I'll be getting in sooner to discuss with the PA who listens to me better anyway.

      Delete
  2. Just read your last post too...aggravation is a most apt word. Sigh. Canada's system isn't perfect, but based on my experience, it's a lot better than this. AI is popping up in various healthcare systems but as of right now (fingers crossed) our system is still based on a relationship more than a transaction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, all the interactions have become transactions. Guess we get used to it in school and then we're not supposed to complain about it later? I can't say I really have a relationship with my doctor, but it's better than not having a doctor? Geez.

      Delete
  3. I hope the rest of the test results come back good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be making an appointment tomorrow to talk to someone, apparently there's a lot of ABNORMAL in me. LOL

      Delete
  4. your post made me chuckle. However I know how you feel. It's always pot luck when I have blood work done. I either get a total professional who can hit a vein first time and it doesn't leave a mark, or I get one, that makes me feel like a pin cushion and I come out of the office with bruises all over my arm!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked Brian. He got it right every time. This is ok, though, no bruise at all. I was livestock...but it was still efficient

      Delete
  5. Livestock is exactly how I feel during Medical Cattle Calls. Glad it went okay, I'm a hard Stick, my Skin is as tough as an Elephant for Needles, sometimes they bend... yet, same Skin seems Paper Thin when I'm out doing Environmental Cleanup and end up Bleeding and didn't even know how I got the injury, go figure? Sorry to hear that Work is challenging right now... the only constant is Change, nothing stays the same... unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate having to deal with medical stuff. Hate hate hate.
      Not that I have a choice, I guess.

      My skin is still mostly okay, I do see a little crepe-y texture on my forearms, but not too bad yet.

      You reminded me I still need to write that work post. LOL

      Delete
  6. Over 200 patients a day between two people?! 😳 Wow, no wonder you felt like livestock, Ami! But hooray for a fast, efficient 'vampire' who left zero bruises—that's a major win in the sacrifice room. Glad the first batch of results came back clean!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you win some... had some ABNORMAL results. They're not that earth-shattering, but it was in all caps, I suppose the assumption being I wouldn't have seen it otherwise? I don't know.

      I recently read how weird it is that people over 65 are suddenly having all kinds of ailments, but really I think it's just that even with insurance we can't afford actual medical care.

      Medicare isn't free, and I'm paying a fair amount every month for 'insurance' but it *is* decent coverage and yes, I waited until Medicare kicked in to start addressing the things I knew were going on.

      More appointments in the near future, hopefully without vampires.

      ::sigh:::

      Delete

Would it kill you to comment?