Followers

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Zzz Mental sit. Zzzz Mental fall asleep. ZZZ Mental ZZzzzz.

Woke up at 3:15. AM. That's before 4. And definitely before 5, which is my usual time.

Eric jumped out of bed and ran to the front door in his underwear because he heard something, or thought he did. Turned out there was nothing going on. So he wandered into the bathroom, then came back to bed.

And I knew that I would have to go to the bathroom TOO or I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep.

So I carefully did not grab a flashlight. Didn't want to wake all the way up. No. No, no, no, no.....

I focused my mind on deep, soft blue sand in an unbroken expanse for miles around me in all directions.

And by the time I got back in bed, the little hamster who lives in my head had jumped on the wheel and started running.

"FUCK your blue sand!!" he screamed. "I'm here, I'm an asshole... GET USED TO IT!!!"

Little dickhead has more energy than good sense, that's for sure.

:::sigh:::

So now it's almost my regular bedtime and I'm pretty sure I know exactly how road kill feels.

And if I see that goddamned hamster, he's gonna know how road kill feels, too.

7 comments:

  1. I don't know about blue sand, or hamsters... but I hate be woken up before I have to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Squish the little bastard! Get mine too, please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got up at what time??? Holy Crap are you insane? I'm still smelling my own farts then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feed and clean the little rodent that runs all night long on the wheel in my bedroom . How INSANE is that! ;0)
    This one doesn't wake me ( I've learned to tune it out ), but the one you speak of is very familiar to me. Especially when I have alot on my mind. :0(
    Feel free to pack his/her suitcase and send him/her on his/her way. ;0) (((hugs)))Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is about the time my rotten work anxiety dreams wake me up.. some times i can go back to sleep.. most times NOT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I wake up in the middle of the night, wait, what's this "if" shit, WHEN I wake up in the middle of the night, I force myself to NOT THINK OF ANYTHING or my mind starts racing and thinking about all the things I want to do the next day, or stresses out about something. I keep saying - empty your mind! No blue sand or hamsters for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you are daring!!! I would never venture to the loo without a light - in the morning you might be shocked at what you would find!

    ReplyDelete

Would it kill you to comment?