Your call is important to us.
We will be with you shortly.
Always in a voice that is meant to convey sincerity. But you wait and wait and wait on hold, then when someone finally gets to you, they don't really care.
They're just doing their job, marking time until it's time to go home or on to the next call.
You're just a voice on the other end of the line.
One voice among many.
So go ahead and call.
Good luck with that.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So I have a work issue. I have been trying to figure out how to state it here.
I am not unhappy with my job, I am not unhappy with my company... you know the routine.
But I feel like a valid concern I have about a possible child safety issue is not being addressed or listened to.
I spent three days composing an email in my head about it, and finally sent it this morning to the person who's next up the line.
It was a polite email, I worked very hard to make it so. I am not angry, after all, I am just attempting to explain my concerns.
She responded in kind, was polite and everything... but it felt like 'Thank you for calling, your call is important to us.'
And the actual issue was not addressed. I was... brushed off.
So now I'm deciding what I want to do next.
That may include sharing part of the story here, may not.
I need to emphasize here that it's not an issue that's currently going on, and that no children are being endangered. It's just a concern I have. And I am not going to just let it go without exhausting every possible way of solving the issue.
And once again I'm really glad I invested in such an expensive saddle. Keeps my ass from being so sore when I'm tilting at windmills.
Have a happy Friday!!
If it's a possible safety issue, could you escalate it to a supervisor? Often times a "Let me speak to your supervisor" gets more done. ;)
ReplyDeleteSOunds like the issue is not satisfied, I am not sure what your next step will be. As far as the "your call is important to us" maybe not , but my call is important to me , and I am willing to wait till I get the answer I need
ReplyDeleteVery irritating to receive lipservice from folks that are in a position make changes. Go over her head to the next person in leadership. Make some waves. kick some ass. go get 'em! TGIF!
ReplyDeleteI think you need to just remain polite but determined. You might even challenge the same person or department one more time before ramping up to the next level. If it is important and you perceive it as a real problem then the right thing to do is to get it addressed. Hang in there! W.C.C.
ReplyDeleteAfter reading this over twice....my two cents worth would be to send "said person' a registered letter letting him/her know that you didn't feel like your concern was taken seriously from the content of their email and it was serious enough for you to ALERT THEM to it!
ReplyDeleteKnowing YOU....IT HAS TO BE AN ALARMING MATTER! (((hugs)))Pat
I KNOW you will get it taken care of, regardless of whose head you have to go over to do it. You don't appear to be an alarmist and if it's something that's concerning to you... it's something concerning.
ReplyDeleteOne of my co-workers gets furious when this happens to her. She's even gone so far as to YELL (politely) at the postmaster at the morning meeting to not dismiss her.
ReplyDeleteIt's frickin' hysterical.
I hate that sort of thing. It's so rude.
ReplyDeleteYou may have already resolved this, I'm behind and I like to read the stories in order. (Haha, blogs are the new soap operas, "my stories").
ReplyDeleteIt is difficult because if the person you addressed the issue with is your next in line, if you go to anyone else, you're going over her head which can lead to some sticky situations later. But if you don't say anything and something happens...
In my company, what I'd do is ask my boss to meet with me in the company of HR and someone from the management committee to discuss it further. That way she'd still be involved in it, but I could be sure someone else heard me. Now, I have the world's best boss, so she would be receptive to this. But if I went straight to management and HR without giving her the opportunity to be involved, that would be bad. She hates it if we go over her head or if she gets blindsided by things from other partners in the firm.
Good luck! Hope you've worked something out.