Followers

Saturday, April 04, 2009

Time to change the bed.

::Sigh::

We're emptying the waterbed and it's going out the door.

I looove my waterbed. I've loved it ever since we bought it from a lady I used to work with. It took up the entire bedroom in the tiny house we first had it set up in.

It had a waveless mattress, so no one flew up into the air when someone else turned over.

There was only a tiny sliver of floor space between our dresser and the side of the bed, and it was wedged into the corner. Didn't matter, I loved it anyway. Always warm and comfy in winter, and still comfy in summer. I didn't have it during my 1st pregnancy, but I did when I was expecting Lyssa... and throughout most of the pregnancy, I was able to sleep on my stomach!

About 10 years ago, we bought a fiberfilled waterbed mattress with a big lumbar support. It was lovely. Still is. But Eric's back is still bothering him, and we're hoping that by getting a new bed of the conventional sort, his back will improve.

So tomorrow our new king sized bed is being delivered. We'll hook up the electric pump and empty it today, and sleep on camping pads on the bedroom floor tonight.

We're changing the bed.

3 comments:

  1. I miss my water bed! I hope your new bed is just as comfy, but helps hubby's back. Our new bed kills my shoulder. I need to look into another bed.
    Hey! It will be like camping, but in doors! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a big change. We had one when we first got married. It sprung a small leak so we emptied it and put in a conventional foam mattress. That worked until the kids walking on the bed broke the frame below. We slept on the mattress on the floor for quite sometime then bought a bed from someone we knew who was moving. One day we might get a new one and change the bed too. I hope the new bed works for Eric (and you).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I couldn't believe it when I read that you were able to sleep on your stomach during pregnancy. I'll bet that was great.
    I love, love, love our Select Comfort, Sleep Number bed. Best money we ever spent! Good luck with your new bed. Sorry you have to let your water bed go....

    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

Would it kill you to comment?