Followers

Friday, April 03, 2009

WHO CARES??!!

If you're reading my blog in a reader, you have already seen this post because Blogger, for some reason, thought it should publish it Thursday afternoon instead of Friday morning, when I scheduled it.

I took it back down, but some of you read it earlier. Dammit.

From CNN yesterday:


Quick Vote


First lady Michelle Obama and Queen Elizabeth's embrace was:

Who gives a flying fuck

Okay, I admit I added that last one myself.
But seriously.
How can anyone find that of any importance?
Why does the media think we care?

Or here's a scary thought.
Am I the only person in the universe who really doesn't care who touches the Queen of England?

Do we not have more on our minds?
You know, important things.

Is anyone besides me absolutely horrified at the fact that our great-great grandchildren are going to be paying for Obama's "New Deal"?

That we're now a Socialist country and that things are really bad and getting worse all the time?

That the government wants to take over health care (and has two shining examples of how well they do it... Medicare and the V.A.)?

That we're giving billions to greedy assholes and that regular people are now getting TEN WHOLE DOLLARS more per paycheck on average?

(and I have to add here that those greedy assholes are Democrats. And Republicans. Greed is not a partisan issue. Just sayin'.)


I'm horrified. Are you?

Yesterday morning, I was sitting in a parking lot, waiting for Sunshine to bring me the week's receipts/checks. I live just down the hill from her, and had to go pick up our snack order at the office, so I just took the envelope for her.

While I waited in my car, I listened to the radio. The morning program I was listening to broke for 'news.'

First, they talked about the stock market. Up.
They mentioned a plane crash in rural Yamhill County. Down.
More than 600,000 people lost their jobs last month.
There were a few other stories, all received about ten seconds of air time.
Ten seconds each for the top stories of the day.
And THEN... I was treated to a three minute (I counted) rehash of the latest American Idol.

I got to hear a song snippet (my dog sings better) and an in-depth analysis of what Simon said and what the loser-du jour said in return.

B.F.D.

Three minutes of 'news' time was devoted to American Idol.

I long ago figured out that most regular media outlets are amazing magicians. They're experts at misdirection.
This applies no matter which political asshole party is currently in charge. We're never fed the real story. Instead, if we want facts, we have to go find them ourselves.

Anyone who relies on the media for information is an idiot, just so you know.


We've all seen the magician and the almost naked assistant. The magician pulls doves and/or scarves from her while the audience watches, mouths open.

And just like the magician, no one wants you to see what's really going on.

That's why we've all been given something else to look at.
All the time.

Sort of like this;





9 comments:

  1. the media does suck. I couldnt believe the hoopla over the queen thing. she's just a woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend of mine had a sister that moved out to the L.A. area from here in Iowa. Her sister would call all the time and tell her all the crazy weirdness of California. One of the things she talked the most about was how the local news gave little to no mention of things like politics and murders, but devoted most of the program to reporting where Lindsay Lohan went clubbing last night. The craziest part? While walking through public places like stores and coffee shops, that's the only kind of "news" you'd overhear people discussing too.

    It's not just the magician that doesn't want you to see what's really going on. The people going to see the magician don't want to *know* what's going on. That's what makes a good show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone just accused me of being responsible for illegal aliens on a post of mine. I blogged about it.

    The other day, I had the news on most of the day and I was starting to get depressed. Listening to music is much better for me.

    Sorry I didn't vote. I gave that up a few years ago.

    Have a great weekend and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm shocked after reading Heather's comment. The gal was from L.A. California!

    Weird....

    Hug!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked your vote on the entry! I chose that one! hehehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I heard there was a faux pas with the queen but like you said, it is ridiculous the time spent on it and other trivial things. I do think people don't want the reality either, but then who knows what is reality, like in the movie "Wag the dog". Not to be critical of your country but having spent time there, there is less news from outside the country than there is here. I think it contributes to the lack of knowledge of what is going on in the world. Of course I know there are people who neither watch or read the news here and that is bothersome too when people have no clue because they want to live in their own turtle shell and not bother with life on the outside.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good grief, government run healthcare? But will it be free?

    I completely agree with your comments on the media and slight of hand (as in magician); plenty of that going on here right now ... ;0)

    The Queen has never been touchy feely (British stiff upper lip and all that), but the coverage on the Obamas was all good and no mention of Michelle being overly friendly lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing is free. I keep hearing stupid statements on the news like, "It's all funded through a US Government Grant!" with the exclamation... as if that means we're not paying for it.

    Um... they steal my money for it. I pay and pay and pay. So does everyone else.

    And thanks to Obama's New Deal, we'll be paying for eternity.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't understand the objection to free healthcare. we have it in Australia, as well as private insurance, but it means if you need surgery ,you wait, but you do get it. Or if you have a heart attack,stroke, cancer etc you are taken care of.The wealthier people do pay more in tax via a levy and the lowest income and unemployed pay nothing, but there's no hue and cry about it over here.

    ReplyDelete

Would it kill you to comment?