I'm thinking I want to whine a little here... Feel free to skip this post.
I understand that in the general scheme of things, my little petty whines are exactly that, but that doesn't mean I don't get to complain at least a little, right? My complaints are no less valid.
So far, every day this year I've awakened with a migraine. Knowing they're tied to hormones and that I probably am done with it for this month is a good thing, but I sure hate it when it's happening. I had that feeling of pressure all day on New Year's eve, and woke up on the 1st with a real screamer.
I don't know what one would call this, but I saw an interesting thing while my eyes were closed. I saw what I'd call a spinning disc, sort of like a warped LP, except it was a creamy ivory color and little golden numbers (in a very fancy, old-world font) were coming out from the middle and flying off the edges into fog. There was an endless supply of numbers being generated from the hole in the center. I saw this while I was awake... not sleeping. When I rubbed my eyes, the numbers moved faster.
I got up and took some migraine medication as soon as I could stand without the nausea. Ugh.
There's a weird side effect caused by the medication, too. Half a dose gets rid of the headache like magic. In one hour, it's gone. I'm very grateful for that. But.. if I take a shower more than an hour (and up to about four hours) after taking it, the hot water just about kills me. It hurts so much!! I know that Sumatriptan is a vascular drug, and that it opens up all the blood vessels. That may explain why my skin becomes so sensitive after I've had to take a dose, but it sure isn't a whole lot of fun. I kept turning the shower down, it was just too hot. Usually I'm the other way around... the water gets hotter and hotter until by the end of my shower it's nearly scalding. I love that. Well, except for after the medication.
Remember the bug I've had since October? I'm feeling much better, but I still have a cough. It's not the deep, hawk-up-a-chunk-of-lung-tissue-and-simultaneously-pee-my-pants cough I had for almost two months, but it's still pretty ugly on occasion. My right ear goes from clear to sort of sloshy about seven times a day, and hurts at night while I am sleeping.
Right now, I can't really hear out of it.
And yes, I know things could be worse. But I still get to whine on occasion. It's my blog, dammit.
Whine away hun! Can you just skip the showers? Have the kids or the hubby spray you with lysol once a day or so!!!
ReplyDeleteOh, yuck, yuck, yuck!!!
ReplyDeleteJust wallow in it for the day and relax. Everyone is entitled once in a while.
Feel better!
I'm full of advice but I'm not sure that you'll welcome it so I'll leave it here and if you don't like it, just delete my comment, deal?
ReplyDelete:)
Feverfew has worked wonders for some of my customers. One gal swears by it and buys two bottles of it at a time!
As for the ear, Natural Care has a product called Ring Stop and it works wonders for your ears. Also, Aconite(Aconitum) works for my ears. It's homeopathic and I can't find any proof to back up this statement so, I don't know if it will work for you, or if you'll believe me!!
If you have a local health food store, they should be able to hook you up with an Ultimate Immunity made by Nature's Way, Feverfew and Ring Stop or something for your ears for less than $40.00!!
Best wishes and big hugs!!
Can you make an appt with Dr. Dirtball on Monday? Try to get to the bottom of it so you can feel better?
ReplyDelete(((Many Hug)))
((((HUGS)))
ReplyDeleteI can't say much because I'm not at home but I'm sorry you aren't feeling well!!!!
take care!!
You are allowed to whine. I don't know how you manage with such headaches. As for the hallucinations...er I mean spinning wheels, that is pretty scary. I hope this passes soon.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear you are so unwell. I hope you get to the bottom of it very soon!
ReplyDeleteShirl x