This story was on my newsfeed this evening.
If you don't want to click on the link, allow me to condense the story for you.
An Orem, Utah woman applied for a job selling essential oils. (And today isn't a good day to get me started on that particular topic, but I will say that anyone who's willing to just start splashing oils around without researching isn't the most thoughtful individual out there...)
The guy told her that his office was being remodeled, so she'd have to come to his house for the interview.
Then, at some point during the interview, he told her that she was going to have to test out the oils. Told her she needed to take a bath.
She GOT NAKED and TOOK A BATH at this guy's house.
Am I the only person who would think it's odd for the guy to expect that?
And am I the only person who'd say, "Hell no!" to the interview conditions?
I mean, look at the guy.
Really.
While she was in the tub, she 'saw a recording device' under the bathroom door.
Apparently waited until the device went away, then got out of the tub, dressed, and left.
Mr. Peterson isn't too bright, I guess. *If* I were planning to record someone like that, I think I'd hide the camera somewhere in the bathroom beforehand.
But I'm new to the essential oils business.
Good grief.

Only in America holy crap.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe that someone would even talk to the guy after he suggested the bath. If it were legit, wouldn't he say something like, 'here take this home and try it'? Idiots. Both of them.
DeleteOh my God. She's an idiot. Essential oils are not necessarily even for the bathtub. So let's start with she is stupid and he's a perv!!
ReplyDeleteLittle kids have DIED from the uninformed use of oils. People think since it's a natural product, it's safe. Research, people. Research.
DeleteAnd yeah. They're both idiots, although it sounds like she's marginally smarter than he is. Not by much, though.
For me the opportunity to run starts with "applying for a job to sell essential oils." Isn't that he pyramid scheme du jour these days? It goes to hell in a hand basket from there.
ReplyDeleteYes. It's Amway. Shaklee. Mary Kay. Etc. There is only one way to make money from it, and that's to get other people to sell it for you.
DeleteAnd the essential oils business is really, really scary if you do some research. These products can be harmless to some people, lethal to others.
I definitely wouldn't get naked to sell them.::Snicker::
Doth the 'lady' protest too much?
ReplyDeleteThe whole story stinks.
DeleteAnd of course we never get the WHOLE story. Which makes me crazy sometimes.
Actually I'm crazy all the time, but it annoys me. How's that?
She's either one of the nerviest or looniest $itch in Oregon. That she lived through it to tell everyone how completely trusting she was is wondrous!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad youall had a relaxing and cheap vacation; what could beat it? ❤
We do appreciate the opportunity to spend the time together without breaking the bank. :)
Delete