Followers

Thursday, December 22, 2016

Let's ramble, shall we?

I've been busy while I'm not blogging. Laundry. Always laundry. And dishes.
I've been making sure some sort of dinner is ready or close to ready when Eric comes home in the evening.

Except for last night. Eric cooked. Last night I had this craving for chili, and no one makes it like Eric does. Hot stuff. :)

Making dinner isn't a chore, it's something that makes me feel good. The job I've chosen has me out of the house in the evenings and that makes it so that I don't usually get to cook, so it's a novelty. At least for now.

I just walked in from the grocery store with enough groceries to get us past the holiday. I think. I can't think of anything else we will need before then.

I decided on lasagna for dinner this year. We usually do the huge Thanksgiving dinner. I cook all day long. Spend a little time the day before working on food, too. But Matt did that this year, we went to their house.

So I'd rather spend Christmas day with my husband and Alyssa, Matt, and Amy. I plan to make the lasagna on Saturday and put it in the fridge unbaked, then just throw it into the oven on Christmas. I'll have Matt and Amy bring a salad because they always want to bring something, and Lyssa said something about making a dessert.

I've mostly been avoiding engagement with all the politics on Facebook. I am not going to change anyone's mind. They're not going to change mine.

But I'm heartily sick of the implication that *I* am a racist.
Did you know that I'm a racist asshole? I was surprised, too.
Know why?
Because I don't like Obama.

Now tell me. Is it worth engaging with someone who's that stupid?
I *don't* like him. I don't think he's been good for this country.
But the reasons I feel that way have nothing to do with his color. Clueless politicians come in all colors. Whatever.

This morning my sister in law answered a rant on Facebook. Extrapolating from her posts, I'm pretty sure she voted for Trump. We all get to make choices, if you believe the bullshit, your vote actually matters, too. 

I don't like him, of course. In fact he makes me very nervous. What I've seen so far doesn't give me a lot of hope.

The person whose rant my sister in law answered was calling Trump 'rump'. 
She said, "
seems people is taking having elected rump as permission to physically and verbally abuse someone"

I had to answer her.'Oh, you mean things like name-calling? I'm not a Trump fan, but I see this all the time. People call him names and then self-righteously tell everyone not to be abusive.'

No response. Not that I expect one.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have some cleaning to do, although it's not as bad around here as it has been, thanks to the work we did this summer on tossing stuff out. Oh, there's still a lot more to be done, but I'm pleased with things so far.

I'm going to try to get enough done today that I feel justified in playing with tie dye tomorrow. It's been awhile and I'd like to try some of the new techniques I've been seeing. I also would like to try dyeing with some pastel colors. I like bold and bright, but sometimes I'd like something a little softer.
I have a lot of 'blanks'. Amy's grandma moved out of her hoarded house and I ended up with some big file boxes full of tshirts. Add my own tendency to hoard stuff like blanks and, well, there's a lot. I have a few friend I'm dyeing for, too.

Today though, it's lunch with Tami. I had to cancel the birthday lunch because of the crazy/icy roads and driveways. I can't afford to fall. ::shudder::


And because I have a lunch date, I am going to hit post and go get ready.
Hope you're having a good day and that you're not getting too crazy with Christmas preparations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would it kill you to comment?