Followers

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

I am really boring.

Not getting a whole lot of extra rest, but that's okay.

I called the custodian at my school yesterday (Monday) morning to find out if they were going to be in the building at all over the break. I don't feel comfortable going into the building without someone knowing I'm going to be there. If something goes missing or there is some other issue and no one knew I was going to be there, then discovered later that I *had* been in, it might end up awkward.

He didn't answer, so I left a message.

This morning, Lyssa and I went out. Stopped at McDonald's for breakfast then some Goodwill hunting. Getting there right when they open means that you usually find something good, and that the place isn't crowded. We did and it wasn't.

Zipped over to the meat market after that, then I had a haircut appointment. I sat there awhile, but she never came in. Odd. I texted her. Nothing. Waited 20 minutes. Finally decided to just come home. The place smelled like some kind of horrendous chemicals and I was getting a nice headache.

On our way home we cruised past my school. There were several cars parked in front. I called the custodian again, no answer. I didn't have my electronic badge, so I could not get into the building. So we headed for home. My phone rang while I was driving. It was Jack, the custodian. He told me it was fine to come on in. After stopping at home to pick up my entry badge, we went back. I was anxious to show Lyssa how the site looks, she saw it before any improvements were made and helped me get things on the path to organized and looking nice. I would not have been ready to open properly if she hadn't helped.

When we got to my program space, I gathered up Mariah's things and then called her mom with our site phone. I told her that her daughter had left some things she made and that I'd really like for her to have her things before Christmas.

She was very surprised to hear from me. She thanked me profusely over the phone.

They drove over to the school immediately and Mariah came to the back door and got her bag of stuff. It made me feel a lot better that she was able to take the things she'd made home with her.

Would she have forgotten her craft projects eventually?
Probably.
But I'll bet she won't forget that I cared enough to make the effort.

My stylist called me later this afternoon, apparently she thought today was Wednesday when we scheduled, she does not work on Tuesdays. So we rescheduled for tomorrow.

I managed a nap after the migraine medicine (I really hate strong smells) and then made soup. Lentils and big chunks of ham. It's nice to be able to cook dinner in the evenings. I won't get too accustomed to it, school starts up again January 3rd.

Laundry.
Cleaning here and there.
I need to figure out what to do for Christmas dinner, apparently Matt and Amy will be here, too. I'm excited to have my little family together this year.

And I'm excited that Mariah has the gifts she wanted to give to her family.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Occasionally. At least for kids and people I love. Otherwise, I'm probably a curmudgeon.

      Delete
  2. Not boring, just living life :) Bet it is nice having your daughter home. Hope you have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so very happy to have her home. I missed her with all my heart. I want her to pursue her dreams and be happy, but it's hard for me to have her far away. :) Happy to have my whole family this year for sure.

      Delete

Would it kill you to comment?