Followers

Friday, April 15, 2016

Okay, well no cobwebs yet...

I didn't get an answer, of course. The question inviting our 'manager' to give me just one example of how I've been respected in the past eight months or so. I *did* get something like, 'gee, I'm sooo disappointed that you feel that way.'

Horseshit. That's a horseshit response that dumps all the blame on me. As if my feelings are the problem. The problem, of course, is a complete lack of regard or appreciation for the people who've built the amazing school year and summer program. They're hoping to capitalize on how well we've done summer in the past. I'm sure they'll be more than happy to take credit for it, too.

But Mary showed up at my site this morning. All friendly-ish. "When can we meet?"

As if it's going to make any sort of difference.

I have zero trust in her now.
I don't care what she says, what she offers or how she comes across, I have heard enough from others to know better than to trust her in any way.

I also know that whatever I send her via email is going to the big fish. Because she's somehow trying to make me out to be the bad guy. Sunshine has talked to him, too. As well as a couple or four other site directors. She is copying him on all the emails, I think to prove to him that she's trying to salvage the situation and keep the veteran staff happy. Also horseshit.

It didn't start out personal. I don't care for Mary much, but I utterly loathe the twatwaffle (Skanky Baggs) who is treating children so horribly and I will never understand how it is that she is getting away with it. One of us was told, "Well Mary has a lot on her plate," as if that excuses verbal and emotional child abuse that she's allowed Skanky to get away with.

Makes me physically ill.

And now, it is personal. I will do everything I can to get rid of this group. They have done similar shit before while working for other organizations. They don't know that *I* know it... maybe I'll find a way to use that against them.

I will document everything I see. And I won't send it to the big fish again. Because I have friends who know people, I know where the information needs to go. I sincerely regret not sending the information there in the first place. Won't make that mistake again.

I'm also watching the ads. I may find an organization who appreciates my talents and will pay me to come do the same job for them. That's not my first choice, but then, neither is a hostile work environment.

Meanwhile, I think the heartburn has subsided a bit and I can now go back to bed. I got up to have alka-seltzer and sit here and write a little bit.

I'll try to have something a little more entertaining for you tomorrow. The kids are nothing but hilarious about 90% of the time, and I haven't lost site of the fact that I'm there for them... not for a company that doesn't give a shit about the people who work for them.

4 comments:

  1. Yikes! Sounds like some shit has really changed at your work place. Not good. Deep breath. You are amazing with those kids and always have their best interests at heart - unlike skanky baggs - almost died laughing at that. Take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that it will work out and you won't have to move to another company. But if you do, I hope they will appreciate your gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still no resolution. That can't be helping the heartburn one bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sigh
    Hugs - one for you, one for your kids, two for the kids being abused by sb (I felt one was just not enough) - I hope their parents get what's going on and find solutions

    ReplyDelete

Would it kill you to comment?