I'm up because I took a nap today.
I took a nap today because I had a headache.
I had a headache because I get goddamn headaches for really no apparent reason.
I took an Excedrin on our way out to dinner because the migraine pill hadn't quite killed the headache. And then I got heartburn, both from eating too late (we went to dinner about seven) and because Excedrin is hell on my stomach. And the heartburn is really what has me up at 12:40 AM. Ah well, I don't have to work tomorrow. Can sleep in a bit. Too soon I'll be getting up at 5 every damn day. Love my job. Will never love 5 AM. Ever.
Summer ended with a surprise shift, I had thought I was scheduled to work for only two hours on Friday afternoon, but found about about two hours ahead of time that I was actually supposed to show up at noon. Well, wasn't that fun!
So I scrambled. I was at my school when I got the message, so I grabbed a few items from the back room for the kids. They were bored the last week, because we once again had to move out to the play shed.
I brought Crayola model magic and ping pong. Both were huge hits. Yay me.
The school was holding an open house and didn't want us in the building.
That was okay, we don't like to mix with members of the public. It's actually against our license. Can't monitor the bathrooms carefully enough, can't keep the kids from the public from messing with our stuff... better to be away from the activity. Safer.
An added bonus was that it was cool on Friday. So instead of being 120 degrees in the shed, it was quite bearable.
I have been so swamped this week. Trying to work, trying to get things ready for the school year, catch up with the laundry (Will never happen. Ever.) and trying to get the 'spare' room cleaned up enough to put a desk in. We have the desk. I wanted a place for all my art supplies as well as my sewing machine and assorted other stuff. We'll see. I'm great at procrastinating. Not so great at getting stuff done.
I keep thinking about things I want to write about and then being too tired to do so. And then I forget the funny things the kids are saying/doing. And then I feel like writing something and I got nothing.
Anyway. I got up because of the heartburn, but now I am freezing my ass off. I folded a load of laundry and tossed another load into the dryer.
Except for the rugs, I am actually caught up. But tomorrow is change the sheets and all that. And groceries. And we're going to do a little Goodwill bin shopping.
Okay. Cold feet. Not the figurative kind. The literal kind. I'm sure hypothermia will be setting in within five minutes or so.
How are things where you are?
Hot here. It's the hottest and most HUMID stretch we've had all summer, but I can't complain too much - least its not snowing.
ReplyDeleteThere's already been some snow up the road from us. Mt Hood got snow last week. Early. The weather's been odd. We went from summer heat to fall chill overnight. There was no gradual cool down. Just.. bam!! And I have to say I love it. I HATE the heat!!!!
DeleteYeah, what is it with heartburn waiting until we are nice and snug in bed sound asleep to kick in with the crushing pain? I keep a cup for water and a stash of Alka-Seltzer close at hand so I can gulp down relief within seconds. Found a generic version w/o the aspirin at the store, actually prefer it. Anyway, it works instantly. Have been told if it doesn't work, oops, is a heart attack not heartburn. It is that painful!
ReplyDeleteJFS burp in IL
Aspirin causes your stomach to bleed. Which means it's sort of a stupid ingredient for a heartburn medication. Alka-seltzer is awesome for a hangover, though. It's been about 30 years since I drank enough alcohol to have a hangover, though. I don't drink at all.
DeleteMy heartburn isn't really painful, it's more like swallowing lighter fluid and then touching it with a match. Liquid fire sloshing up. I have the head of my bed elevated just a bit. And a prescription that I take daily.
Far from cold here, but I'm looking forward to some cooling down.
ReplyDeleteI have been wearing pants and long sleeves. Needed the sweatshirt every morning since Wednesday of last week. I don't like the long, gray days we get in winter, but I really do like the cooler weather. It's a gift.
Delete