I'm not sure my brain understands the reason we turn off all the lights and go to bed at night.
I did manage to fall asleep last night around 11, but I woke up at five and have been awake ever since.
We got going early this morning and did the groceries after a quick trip to Goodwill. They open at 9 and seriously, that's the best time to go. We were in and out of there in about 20 minutes. That's about all I can stand with the loud 'music' they play. I put in earplugs, but can still hear it.
We put the groceries away here at home and went off in search of the Goodwill 'bins' on the other side of town. It's where all the stuff that didn't sell goes to die. You can find a lot of interesting things there, but it's dirty and crowded. The place smells like desperation and motor oil.
My hands were filthy after only a couple minutes, and the stuff I was wearing when we were there was tossed into the hamper immediately after I got home. Yuck.
I suppose one could wear gloves and coveralls, but then you'd miss the excitement of rubbing up against the great unwashed.
Eric found a really good toolbox, worth a couple hundred dollars. He paid ten dollars for it.
I found a couple little things, a very old magazine with some ads I want to cut out and frame for the bathroom and a book with polar bears and penguins in it, also to cut up.
I do a unit every January called 'why don't polar bears eat penguins' and I'll be able to make a display with the pictures from the book.
Nothing too exciting.
We plan to head up to Hazeldell tomorrow and see if we can find something else at the bins up there. Cleaner and not as frantic.
Since I had a headache at 5 this morning I took two excedrin, thinking I'd lie down for another couple hours. Nope. I was up. Up, up, up.
We did all the shopping and running around on this rainy day, and when we got home, after a little snack, I tried napping. Nope again. I may have managed to sleep about 15 minutes, but that was it.
So I am hoping I will sleep tonight.
In other news, I heard from our manager. She said that she thought my question about why we're holding a training on Saturday was rhetorical. Uh huh. Sure she did.
The explanation I was given for this particular wingding is that she wanted to do the training on a weekend so that the entire staff could participate. On the surface that makes sense, but what we've done in the past is had senior staff hang out with the kids while the people who really need the training are sitting through it.
That works fine.
I said before that I don't think I am so amazing that I already know everything, but most of the trainings we get are very lacking in new material. I won't say they're a waste of time, but I'd say they're sometimes almost a waste of time.
And I still will be crabby about having to give up one of the last Saturdays of the summer to hang out with coworkers instead of my husband.
::sigh::
I spent about a half hour this evening trying to organize my art supplies so I can find what I need when I need it. I'm still searching for just the right desk/corner unit... thing with doors and a workspace where I can have Eric hang a light for me. Until then, at least I know where my pens and papers are. For now anyway.
So now we're going to watch some bad television and go to bed. I really hope I sleep tonight, I could use a good night's rest.
Ha ha....rhetorical ~ that's pretty darn funny, and I hope you saved it so you could snort about it again later.
ReplyDeleteWell, I save all my personal emails. Or most of them. During the work comp stuff I went to email only to correspond with that fucking nurse case manager person. I wanted everything we said in writing, because I had a feeling early on that no one was really interested in helping me.
DeleteAnd I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. I have a snarky sense of humor (you may have noticed) and perhaps she just thought I was trying to be funny. I don't really think so, but stranger things have happened, amiright? :)
I only recently heard about the "bins". My friend came back for a trip to Portland and scored bit-time! I haven't found one close to me yet, but I'm on the look-out.
ReplyDeleteAnd "rhetorical"?!?! She should be on late night tv ;-)
I long for sleep that makes me feel refreshed when I wake up. Hasn't happened in decades! Good luck to you!
ReplyDelete