So close down/set up week is over.
We did a lot in those two days. There are still a few more things to be done for summer, but we have our site set up and ready. Tons of art supplies and toys and activities for the kids.
I found two great big bags of wooden cars at Goodwill back in, hm, December? I talked to Sunshine on the phone one morning while I was at work and we came up with our summer road trip theme. I stopped at Goodwill on my way home about 20 minutes later. And there were two huge bags of plain wooden cars, 8 bucks a bag.
Originally, when I paid for something for my program out of pocket, I had to turn in receipts and eventually received a check for reimbursement.
But not now.
My company won't find a way to reimburse me for the money I spend on my program, even though I've brought it up and suggested ways it could happen. I'm certainly willing to provide receipts.
I find it annoying, but I've said it before. I work for the kids. And buying those two bags of cars will make a lot of kids happy. So I guess it wasn't an expense. We're gonna call it an investment instead. Yeah. That's the ticket.
I went up and down and up and down and up and down stairs. One stair at a time. I went to my own school and got a truckload of stuff to bring to summer program. We all do it. We raid our own sites so that we can give all the kids the best we can offer.
But now, after three really long days, I am ready to crash. It's only a quarter to 8, but I am going to bed soon. Eric's been snoring in the living room now for about two hours. He got a head start on sleep.
That means he'll be up at like 7 on Saturday morning, relentlessly cheerful and chipper. And I will feel like dog meat. And we will clean up the house a bit so my parents can stop by on Monday on their way home from the Bigot family events.
We're all going to go out for dinner. I am hoping Matt and Amy can come join us, but still not sure if that's going to happen.
So yes, time to crash.
Enjoy your rest! I hope you sleep well!
ReplyDeleteBusy day! Sweet dreams :)
ReplyDeleteI've spent money out of my own pockets for my residents too. For things that you'd think $3500 a month rent would cover but...nope. So frustrating!! Hope your visit/dinner goes smoothly! ( :
ReplyDelete