Followers

Sunday, October 05, 2014

Saturday Nothingness

Hm, let's see.

Eric wanted to go out and sleep in the woods tonight. I don't mind if he goes, but I don't like to spend the night in a tent anymore. So I got up this morning when he did and helped him get ready to go, then hugged him goodbye about 10.

I paid some bills while I sat here in my pajammies. Funny how you pay them and then there are more only a month later. It's like magic.

I am still trying to decide what to spend my Amazon gift cards on and no closer to narrowing it down now than I was last week. I don't like to just blow money, it's too hard to get. And even though the gift cards aren't real money, it's still hard for me to just spend it.

I did some dishes and laundry.

Took a dose of migraine medicine. I keep wanting to deny I have a migraine. So as a result the headache is well established by the time I decide to dose up. This one made me feel a little nauseous, but it seems to be going away now.

I ordered a necklace that I don't like as well as the family tree one I had. I am banking on having my old one show up, so I didn't want to order the same thing. I have been saving a bit of money here and there, and with this week's paycheck I finally had enough saved to order it without feeling guilty.

I coughed water out all over the keyboard of my computer. I swear I am trying to kill the poor thing.

In early September, I told Lyssa to hand me the canned air. It was on top of the computer hutch in the living room. She tossed me the can, remarked, "I don't know where the little tube thingy went."

I walked into the kitchen and sprayed it on the number pad on the right side of the computer. A bunch of water came out. I thought it was because the can had been shaken up on its way to the kitchen, but no. It wasn't air at all. It was fucking wasp spray. The computer took a day or so to recover, I guess the stuff dried up and didn't damage anything. I was lucky.

So today when I coughed water out, I figured I'd killed it. But no, it seems fine this evening.

I'm sort of scared to take the canned air (after carefully checking the label) and spray it.

What else. Hm. Sorted the pictures I picked up at Walgreen's. They're good ones. One of them is a great photo of Alden.* He's a cute kid but photos of him aren't usually very good. So I made a second copy while I was there. Will give it to his mom or his dad when I see them.

Spent a little time catching up with a friend via private message on Facebook. The internet is an interesting place, don't you think?

I have been sitting here long enough, I think. Time to toss that last load into the dryer and try to sleep, although I don't sleep very well when Eric is gone.

Tomorrow, back to regular life. Groceries and stuff.
Livin' the dream.

3 comments:

  1. Hope you managed to get some sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Camping in the woods! Right in your back forty, how lovely (for Eric) :-).

    Well now you don't have to worry about getting stung while typing.

    And isn't evaporation a wonderful thing? FYI, my workspace is so crowded with stuff I am in near constant worry I am going to knock my water glass over onto my laptop keyboard. I try to be vigilant, but accidents have a way of happening quickly.

    Lovely Fall weather we've been having these past few days. It's about to change to REAL Fall weather this week I think. More's the pity. I regret I didn't make myself go outside more this Summer. Sleep disorders suck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bills coming back every month is sucky magic.

    ReplyDelete

Would it kill you to comment?