Followers

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Dear Comp Insurer,

Right now I am doing what the doctor told me to do (except I asked him if he would PLEASE allow me to be at work, as I don't like missing work for any reason. My job is very important to me, I've worked through a lot of painful, debilitating injuries over the last few years.)

I received your large packet containing an intrusive questionnaire on Saturday. Page after page of questions about whether I've ever been on welfare, if I've received veteran's benefits... a ton of stuff that is none of your business and not germane to this claim.

I won't be filling it out.

And I'll be contacting my attorney this week and turning all of this over to her.

I was going to wait until we found out if there was any structural damage from the recent incident at work, but due to the crazy shit you just sent me, I've decided that I'll be retaining counsel from the beginning.

Here's what you need to know.

Some kid tripped over my extended leg as I leaned down and picked up an item off the floor in the cafeteria on the morning of September 13th. His foot caught on mine and twisted my knee. I didn't fall down, instead I abruptly sat on the bench of the table I'd been standing next to.

I sat there until I was sufficiently recovered enough to finish putting away my program.

I am very, very glad there was an adult witness, unrelated to me. She saw the entire incident.

And whether or not I've ever collected veteran's benefits or welfare payments has nothing to do with that.

So take your packet, fold it up into a nice bundle with a bunch of sharp edges and shove it up your ass.

You'll be hearing from my lawyer.

Have a nice day.

10 comments:

  1. But, but, it is a POLICY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My attorney told me to fill out what I am comfortable with, mark NA on the things I completely disagree with, and send it in. I have already retained her for this case, as I am anticipating they will deny my claim and give me a huge bunch of shit. I'm basing this solely on the fact that they crapped all over me multiple times in the last four years.

      Delete
  2. What in the WORLD have either of those have to do with this claim? WTF????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, in the state of Oregon, if you're collecting benefits from somewhere else, it's possible that the comp insurer can reduce the portion they'd have to pay. Doesn't matter, I'm not collecting any benefits from anyone else. And I work my butt off for the bit of money I earn, too. You know, going to work injured and all that... Assholes.

      Delete
  3. Sedgewick.... Same folks my employer retains - in my case used for short term disability. Yes they are nosey bastards, but didn't quite ask me shit like that. However I was hesitant answering some of their questions that weren't quite related to my issue. Guess we'll see how they liked my answers soon enough.

    Good luck with your lawyer.
    And hey how is the knee? Still pretty sore I'm gussin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They seem more efficient than Specialty Risk, but they're also much more bothersome. Which is why I am signing papers for my attorney to take over this case.

      The knee hurts. Because I am limping, it's causing my feet to bother me again. It's popping when I walk. My back is starting to hurt because I'm walking all wonky and sideways.

      Delete
  4. It DOES make you wonder what any of that has to do with your knee, anymore than what color panties you are wearing would! Get this, Mike has worked for 25 years and started the process for SSDI back in February. After 5 months of filling out similar packets of questionnaires, they said his medical records weren't sufficient and wanted him to have an xray from their doctor. HIS MEDICAL RECORDS WEREN'T SUFFICIENT??? YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!! I seriously think they just want people to be overwhelmed and give up, which is exactly what he did. He was forced to go back to work and between clinic visits and hospital stays, hasn't made a full week. Now he's back in the hospital, unable to work, doesn't have a dime to his name and guess who has paid every.single.bill that's come in since this whole mess started... WE HAVE, and we're on a fixed income. Thank God he has insurance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I HATE the insurance industry. HATE them.
      I'm glad he has you to take care of him. :)

      Delete
  5. I am so sorry that you now have to deal with all this bullshit....but as you well know, all of this is SOP because of all the fraudulent claims filed in the past. One spoiled apple ruins the whole bushel, and all that. Good luck and hang in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hanging in. Not going anywhere. Wasn't my idea to have this happen, pisses me off, I have been doing SO well. Gah.

      Delete

Would it kill you to comment?