Followers

Monday, July 29, 2013

Teh EEEEBIL GAYS are coming to take your children!!!

One of the things I enjoy is commenting on some of the news stories on our local station, KATU. I don't read everything that's there because all the news stations are the same. The Kardashians and other dipshits and what they're up to. It distracts us from what's really going on. Bread and circuses for the rabble and all.

If the story is political as in Dem vs Rep, I don't bother reading OR commenting, as I think if you vote based on party affiliation, you're part of the problem.

I love commenting on the stories about how teh eeeebil gays are taking over the world, though.

It's sort of fun to imagine the people I'm responding to sitting on the other side of their screens and frothing at the mouth.

Even if I weren't an ally, believing (rightly, I think) that love between two consenting adults is simply love, I still wouldn't feel that it's the business of government to interfere in marriage.

Passing a law in this state to allow people who love each other to get married and enjoy the benefits of marriage would affect me... uh... wait. No, it wouldn't.

But to read some of the rhetoric and just complete crap that's spewed out in the comment section just amazes me.

It always cracks me up when someone inevitably says something like, "Well if we allow gay marriage, what's next? People will marry their dogs!! Trees in the front yard!! Rocks!! Aiyeeeeeeee!! The sky is falling!! The sky is falling!!!"

Of course a dog, tree, or rock isn't able to consent to any sort of legal contract, so it's just another breathless and screamy argument that means exactly nothing.

Also meaning nothing? " In Leviticus the Bible says it's wrong."
Leviticus says a lot of things are wrong in that same passage. But those other things are never mentioned. Hypocritical assholes.

IF you believe in God and you're trying to live a life as free from sin as possible, that is your only worry.

Not what I have in my pants and who's allowed to touch it. Or who I decide to marry.

Someone always tosses out the phrase 'the gay agenda', too.
I have asked for a copy of it, but so far no one has produced one.

My guess is that the gay agenda looks a lot like my own agenda.

Work.
Eat.
Sleep.
Clean the house occasionally.
Feed the kids.
Put gas in the car.
Hug the people you love.
Do the laundry.
Go to the library, the grocery store, the craft store.
Repeat as necessary.

Even though I've carefully read the arguments against gays being allowed to 'ruin marriage', I still don't understand it.

I don't understand how they're going to crash Social Security, either. Our own "representatives" have done that all by themselves.
Don't gay people pay taxes? Don't they accrue social security?

So as long as people are defending marriage against people who want to get married, I'll keep defending people who want to get married against bigots and crabby old fucks who really should know better at their ages.

And of course will lock up my children at night, because that's when they will come and try to recruit them.

:::shudder:::

15 comments:

  1. Good post Aims :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The whole subject makes me crabby. So tired of people who can't SEE that love is, well, love!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Why is it so easy for us to see? And yet so hard for others?

      Delete
  3. Anonymous5:28 AM

    So my ex-father-in-law had a book actually called "The Gay Agenda" (I think). It was some uber-conservative fundie xtian propaganda about teh ebil gays. Of course, I didn't read it, but it's easy enough to guess what it was. Probably 300 or so pages about how they're coming to screw us ALL.

    Anyway, the gays can have my children. They might turn my son into a better dresser and get him off the electronics, and give my daughter plenty of cooing and attachment parenting.

    Hey, I try to do those things, but a girl needs a break every once in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A high school classmate issued the first six same sex marriage licenses in the US (Clela Rorex, Boulder County,CO) Had a man come in wanting to marry his horse. She asked him the age of the horse. Told him he needed the written permission from both parents, by law, since there was no law against it otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And since a person can make their signature using an 'x', would a paw print or hoof print have the same effect? Hmm.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. What you said.
      Hey, where did your blog go??

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Exactly. My religion is 'try not to be an asshole'.

      Easy. To the point. I think everyone needs to have the same creed. :)

      Delete
  7. All of the above.BUT: "They" are coming to take you away ha-ha ho-ho he-he! Oh Please can't we just live and let live for gosh sake...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think we can, sadly.
      If it's not harming anyone, why is it such a big deal?
      I will never understand people.

      Delete
  8. :) Thanks.
    How are you doing? Been sending good thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete

Would it kill you to comment?