I'm relaxing next to a fan and ac combo.
It was hot here today, although it's going to get hotter and hotter through next Tuesday. Yippee.
I am not complaining too much (yet) it's a lot hotter in other places.
But I don't do well when it's hot, and I will hate the weather the next few days for sure.
My cousin posted a photo of the display from her iPhone today on Facebook. She's in Arizona, where it was 122 degrees.
Although it's not humid. Which is a good thing, right?
(But it's a DRY heat!!)
People laugh at that, but it's true. When it's not humid, I know I tolerate the heat much, much better. And although it's humid here, it's much more humid in other places. I've been in those places when it was 90 degrees (New Orleans in late August, for example) and it felt like 120 degrees outside. UGHHH.
It is hot here, though. After you pass about 82 degrees, I'm too hot. 92 or 93 today, up to 100 next week for a couple days.
I went out pretty early because Goodwill opens at 9. Got there by 9:15 and only found a pair of shorts for Eric. So not a total waste of time, I guess. :)
I had some pressure in my head, which I chalked up to the heat and the change in atmospheric pressure. I took two Excedrin when I woke up this morning so I wasn't feeling too bad by the time I went out.
Decided to stop at the grocery store since there's not a whole lot of food in the house.
I was wandering through the produce section, holding my celery in one hand and my phone in the other, waiting for my husband to call me back and tell me if there was anything he needed from the store when SHE walked by.
She had two children with her, about six or seven years old. They called her 'Grandma', so I guess they were related. :)
Grandma passed me.
And a scented cloud, attached to her like a parachute, wrapped around MY head as she passed.
What was the smell?
Why, I'm glad you asked!
It was a combination of old sweat, rancid grease and sex. With a really, really HUGELY LARGE goddamn big dose of some oily, flowery fucking perfume.
Three heartbeats.... WHAM. A full blown fucking migraine.
I wanted to kick that bitch in the taco.
I would still like to kick her, actually.
Home again, me outside a dose of migraine medicine, Matt and I decided that he'd go grab a lunch to go and bring it home instead of us going out.
And I ate and then took a nap. And woke up with very little pain. Yay.
Matt and Amy went and picked up their Uhaul and they both stopped by here to pick up this and that. I was going to take a picture of them with the moving truck, but blame the headache and the heat... I forgot. :(
So instead, I will leave you with a photo of the happy couple they took themselves sometime in March. I think.
It was hot here today, although it's going to get hotter and hotter through next Tuesday. Yippee.
I am not complaining too much (yet) it's a lot hotter in other places.
But I don't do well when it's hot, and I will hate the weather the next few days for sure.
My cousin posted a photo of the display from her iPhone today on Facebook. She's in Arizona, where it was 122 degrees.
Although it's not humid. Which is a good thing, right?
(But it's a DRY heat!!)
People laugh at that, but it's true. When it's not humid, I know I tolerate the heat much, much better. And although it's humid here, it's much more humid in other places. I've been in those places when it was 90 degrees (New Orleans in late August, for example) and it felt like 120 degrees outside. UGHHH.
It is hot here, though. After you pass about 82 degrees, I'm too hot. 92 or 93 today, up to 100 next week for a couple days.
I went out pretty early because Goodwill opens at 9. Got there by 9:15 and only found a pair of shorts for Eric. So not a total waste of time, I guess. :)
I had some pressure in my head, which I chalked up to the heat and the change in atmospheric pressure. I took two Excedrin when I woke up this morning so I wasn't feeling too bad by the time I went out.
Decided to stop at the grocery store since there's not a whole lot of food in the house.
I was wandering through the produce section, holding my celery in one hand and my phone in the other, waiting for my husband to call me back and tell me if there was anything he needed from the store when SHE walked by.
She had two children with her, about six or seven years old. They called her 'Grandma', so I guess they were related. :)
Grandma passed me.
And a scented cloud, attached to her like a parachute, wrapped around MY head as she passed.
What was the smell?
Why, I'm glad you asked!
It was a combination of old sweat, rancid grease and sex. With a really, really HUGELY LARGE goddamn big dose of some oily, flowery fucking perfume.
Three heartbeats.... WHAM. A full blown fucking migraine.
I wanted to kick that bitch in the taco.
I would still like to kick her, actually.
Home again, me outside a dose of migraine medicine, Matt and I decided that he'd go grab a lunch to go and bring it home instead of us going out.
And I ate and then took a nap. And woke up with very little pain. Yay.
Matt and Amy went and picked up their Uhaul and they both stopped by here to pick up this and that. I was going to take a picture of them with the moving truck, but blame the headache and the heat... I forgot. :(
So instead, I will leave you with a photo of the happy couple they took themselves sometime in March. I think.

Don't you just hate it when some smelly idiot knocks you down for the count!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to the lovely couple!
I hate it. And I don't understand it. To me, it's like not managing to wipe all the poop from one's butt... if you can smell it around the person, it's disgusting!
DeleteAlthough on further reflection, poop doesn't give me a headache.
Wishing them all the luck and joy in the world.
ReplyDeleteAww, thank you.
DeleteShe is a terrific person, smart and funny and quite obviously in love with Matt. He, in turn, is giddy over her. And they're friends and they think alike and I know they will be happy together. Which is all I want for my children. :)
Oh, yeah... THE HEAT... don't even get me started on that. I hate being hot and I hate to sweat and you can bet we're doing that here! Oppressive heat and humidity.
ReplyDeleteThat's a great picture! They look soo happy :)
ReplyDeleteBitch in the store needs to be kicked in the taco lol go get her!
They seem really, really happy together. Which of course makes ME happy. :)
DeleteThat woman won the fight without a blow ever being struck... I was down for the count almost instantly.
:::sigh::
Sweet looking couple. OK, thanks for putting that smell in my head, eww and ick. (Yuck as well.) That said, you and I must have smelled that/those on previous occasions...worrisome. Sweaty sex...not a bad memory but seems a million years ago...dirty sweaty sex---OH, AMI! STOP. And I added a grammie smell to top it off. Olfactory now closed for repairs!
ReplyDeleteYep. He's handsome, she's beautiful. :)
DeleteHeehee... you made me laugh. I hadn't thought of it that way, but of course for me to recognize the smell combo I had to have smelled all the components before. ::snicker::
What a darling couple!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the details of the smell.... YUCK!!! BLECK! =p
Aren't they great together?? Seeing them together and listening to them talk etc you can TELL they belong with each other. It's really sweet.
DeleteSorry about the details, but you know I've made it a point to be brutally honest here. :)
Hell, I had my job threatened because of it.
Remember that?
I sure haven't forgotten. Someday....
Just when you think things are fine some asshole pops out of the woodwork like a bad-mannered jack in the box.
Love the picture.
ReplyDeleteWhen I worked in Miami there was a woman that came in that smelled so bad it made tears form. I'm not kidding. She would make herself smell like that, get kicked out of the store, and then sue for discrimination.
She had BAGS of money... and smelled like the most rancid pee you could ever imagine. Like pee that had been sitting out in 122 degree heat. :(
OMG that's horrible!! So strange, too. She had to have been mentally ill. And disgusting. Ughhhh.
DeleteI love the picture, too. It really captures them both, and they look so happy.
I know they're going to take good care of each other. I can't even tell you how wonderful that makes me feel.
It is a wonderful feeling when you know they've gotten it right. :)
DeleteAnd she was completely sane... that was her gig. Smell up the place, get kicked out, and then sue for discrimination. She won her cases against Sacks, Neimans, MAcy's, etc... we worked for Lord and Taylor and had been forewarned that she was coming. We never kicked her out to avoid the lawsuit, but mgmt was on her like glue to make it uncomfortable so she would leave.
That's a great picture! Well, the ne of the kids, not the mental one I now have of the stinky grandma.
ReplyDeleteI hate typing on the iPAD! Can't see mistakes until after I post! ) :
ReplyDelete