Followers

Sunday, May 12, 2013

What goes along with hormones?

Why, a migraine. Of course!!

I did my best to sleep it off after a dose of migraine medication, but it's been quite awhile since I had one of these headaches and it's just going to take over my weekend, I think.

We managed to get to the Gresham Farmer's Market today. I'm not sure why they call it a farmer's market, since I never see any farmers there, but whatever.

It is okay for people to bring their dogs to this open air bazaar, and just about everyone DOES bring the dog. I love dogs. But I don't think they belong in a big gathering like that, especially when it's hot like it was today. Not good for the dogs.

Leave your dog home. I seem to remember some arguing about this event last year or the year before, and the whiners got to keep bringing their dogs. You can't be away from your dog long enough to go buy some broccoli or get your knives sharpened?

Dogs are everywhere at this place.

People walk them in on the sidewalks surrounding the area, and there is a nice pile of crap or a random turd about every 10 feet on the  damn sidewalks all the way in.
Really, people... clean up the poople!!
Seriously.

Oregon has a law about bringing your dog into the grocery store, too. Not okay unless it's a service dog. Which is how little Foofoo, who is no bigger than a fart bucket and can only provide the service of humping your leg ends up sitting in the seat of the grocery cart. People can say the dog is a service dog and not have to produce a certificate or prove in any way that the dog is anything but a companion. And little Foofoo's filthy doggy ass sits where people's babies sit, or where Auntie Edna stows her bag of arugula. Have you ever read one of the studies about how much fecal matter is on the handles and in the seats of shopping carts? Yuck.

So I guess I can sum up by saying the hormonal headache is making me feel shitty. I have taken the migraine medication, have eaten something for dinner, and still the vise is gripping my head.

So I am getting away from the computer for the rest of the night.

I hope you have a lovely Mother's Day if you're a mom.
Eric is grilling steak and shrimp for me. My job is to boil the artichokes. Yum.

And one last thing.  If you have never seen Mother's Day
on YouTube, click on that. It's hysterical. I have probably seen it 20 times and I laugh every single time. It's not long. Worth watching. Really.

And one more little thing. It has been a hell of a month, trying to get back from the horrendous illness that kicked my ass so thoroughly. I had a hard time making it through the days at work, managing to do minimal bill paying and laundry (as I sit here, the hamper is full again) and manage to write something for the blog.

I am sorry I haven't been great at responding to comments. I plan to get back to that now, went back a couple or three posts and did some answering today.

So I'm sorry I haven't kept up the way I usually do... but I'm working on it. :)

5 comments:

  1. No biggie. As you said, it's been a hell of a month. Take your time, none of us are going anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know... we could wax philosophical here about how no one ever really goes anywhere, no matter where they travel. How we're all on the treadmill of life, going and going and going but never REALLY going.

    We could say things like, "Back on the wheel, Hamster Boy!!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mother's Day to you. Your dinner sounds delish! My husband made me a great breakfast, we went out for dinner last night and met my son's future in-laws (they are great, by the way). He also gave me some flowers. I'm waiting to hear from my daughter.

    Does the high pollen count bother you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to sneeze a little more this time of year, but I don't have a big allergy problem, thank goodness. This would be a hell of a place to live if I did.

      We haven't met our son's future inlaws yet, although I can see it happening in the near future.

      You do know the difference between inlaws and outlaws, right? Outlaws are wanted. HAHAHAAAA!!!

      Delete
  4. Hope you managed to have a semi-decent Mother's Day, in spite of the migraine!

    ReplyDelete

Would it kill you to comment?