Followers

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Dear Immune System

Get with the fucking program already!!

My joints hurt. Fingers, toes, shoulders. My head hurts. My hair hurts. Do you hear that? My HAIR!! WTF???

This up again and up more fever thing needs to stop. It's making me feel like doodoo. The aspirin helps me for a little while, and the Excedrin, thank goodness, is getting me mostly through the afternoons, but goddamn... the fever is making me feel AWFUL. Aren't fevers supposed to burn up the infections?

When I got home this evening and changed immediately into my pajamas, I got so chilled I was shivering.

I ran the heater on high all the way home from work, and in the vehicle I drive, the heater is enough to heat a four bedroom house.

That sucker BLASTS out the heat.

But none of those things are doing me any good, I am still sick. So if you're going to keep tossing the fever at me, you're going to need to direct it more toward the bad little germs.

Please.

I'm going to bed early tonight again, and hoping that when I wake up in the morning I will feel better and more human and not be cold.

I'd really like to be able to whine about other things instead. I have quite a list. But it's sort of secondary right now.

Taking my whiny ass to bed now,

Mental

18 comments:

  1. Sometimes all you can do is sleep it off. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Officially feeling better... Sunday morning. Geez.

      Delete
  2. You and I should have brought our whiny asses together. I keep yelling at my foot and in response it just swells up and look red. Clearly, I don't have the power I thought i did.
    Hope you're feeling better woman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor bunny!!! I hope you're feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm. I am? Maybe? but not enough to make a difference.

      Delete
  4. Please know I'm being 100% honest when I say I mean absolutely nothing by my question: Isn't there some sort of policy that states you can't work if you have a fever?? Especially with children??

    I work with old people and I was very surprised at just how dead you have to be before you can call in sick.

    Anyways, I do hope you feel better very, very soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are tons of policies. The company I work for, being a large corporation, has a ton of people (loosely) interpreting policy. I did not attempt to take the day off, sick or not, so I am not being forced to work by anything more than the same grit and determination I drew on while working through some nasty injuries instead of taking time off to heal and recover. My own thinking is that I got SICK at work, I do not breathe on kids or cough on them, I am 10 times more sanitary than they are AT LEAST... (kids are gross)and that it causes a hardship for our company when a site director is out. We literally have NO subs. It's a shitty way to run a railroad, but there's no particular person to point a finger at.

      Delete
  5. Hope this passes ASAP. ((((hugsssssssssss))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will survive.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVseBfMq_Dc

      Delete
  6. I'm sorry you feel like crap. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am close friends with my aspirin. Take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I watched american Idol last night, never watch it but resting from MY cold thingy, sooo, anyhoo, that song is now, since reading your post, stuck in my head--"I got a fever..."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's another one to have stuck in your head:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVseBfMq_Dc

      Delete
  9. Oh I hate the body aches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God me too. MY HAIR hurt!!! It doesn't now, but it did. Ughhhhhh.

      Delete

Would it kill you to comment?