First, today is Eric's birthday. It's THE BIG FIVE OH!!!!!
Time flies. He's not that kid I married. He's so much more. I like him more now. (Not that I didn't like him then, he's just such an amazing and good guy and I've had the opportunity to get to know him a little over the last 33 years or so.
:)
So we celebrate birthdays the same way we celebrate most other stuff... acknowledge it and move on. We don't exchange gifts with each other on any occasions, and birthdays are no different.
Alyssa plans to bake him a cake with cream cheese icing (YUMMMM) and that's pretty much the extent of the festivities.
She has become very good at making things from scratch, and almost as good at cleaning up her own mess. Can't wait to see what she cooks up.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Speaking of festivities, my son told me this evening that he and his girlfriend have been looking at engagement/wedding rings. I guess that means he's serious about her. :)
I approve. She's a lovely girl, and will be a good wife for him. What I want for him is what most parents want for their children... for him to be happy. That's it. I'm glad he's found someone to be happy with. It's nicer when you're happy in tandem.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I managed to get most of the laundry done on Saturday. By which I mean it got put away and hung up and all that. Usually I'm content if it just gets clean.
:)
I want to spend a bit of time working on a huge tangly thing that I've spent at least 14 hours on so far. And still manage to get a decent night's sleep, since not enough sleep makes me just a teeny bit crabby and we do NOT need to add more crabby to my list.
So Happy Birthday to my amazing and wonderful husband. Who does not read my blog. Ever. Although I do force him to sit through occasional readings of things I wrote.
Hahaha, I started my blog in part to keep my opinions out of my beloved's earshot. After awhile I starting reading stuff aloud, now I wish it were just me and my peeps. Their (our loved ones) reading of it all tends to affect what I write...oh well. Soooo, I'd wish him a Happy Birthday, but you can tell him. :)
ReplyDeleteI too find mine gets better each year, 34 this year. I'll email ya. Congrats on the laundry! Now relax.
I relaxed and tangled and played online all day. :)
DeleteIf I knew where you lived I'd send you some Swedish Fish, that's what I give my students when they completely finish something!!! I don't ever finish laundry... Someday, maybe? Happy Birthday to the hubs!!!
ReplyDelete:) Swedish fish will be in a big jar on our parent table at work... for Seuss week. The person who guesses closest wins the container.
Deleteyeah for happy stuff
ReplyDeleteI have a good life. :)
DeleteHappy Birthday to your Eric.
ReplyDeleteMy Ed turned 81 today.
You are a great mom ...I say that because all great moms just want their kids to be happy. :0)
(((hugs)))
Hope you gave Ed something special!! ;)
DeleteI love my kids. Them being happy is important to me for sure. :)
Happy Birthday Eric! The big 50!
ReplyDeleteAnd Congrats on to your son on what sounds like an engagement! Exciting times.
Yay you for getting that laundry knocked out. I've got about three loads waiting for me yet and I've no desire to get with it this late in the evening. And that is the funny thing about laundry, that shit will be there tomorrow, just waiting for me lol
Eric's dad called him to wish him a happy birthday. And he even said, "I love you" to him, which is about the third time in his whole life.
DeleteI am happy about my son getting married, I think they're both making a good choice in each other. :)
Laundry will still be there... but there will be MORE as it reproduces. Which is why it's known as 'the fucking laundry' in our house.
Happy Birthday to Eric!
ReplyDeleteI'd love to see your tangly stuff... I find line art to be so mesmerizing... as peaceful as it can be to create, it's almost just as peaceful to stare at.
I have clothes in the wash as I type this. We have to use the blasted laundry room this weekend. And it's been full up all day... now I find myself at 9PM with clothes in the wash... yuck.
Check in tomorrow. Posting an extra large thing I've been working on. :)
DeleteYEAH for all things happy!!! Have an extra piece of cake for me. :)
ReplyDeleteThat cake is SO DAMN GOOD!! Oh my GOSH.
DeleteHappy Birthday, Eric, and many more!
ReplyDeleteAw thank you! He's a great guy. Our daughter made him a lovely cake and his dad called to wish him a happy birthday and everything. :)
DeleteHappy Birthday to your hubby!!! Mine turns 50 later this year. He's none too happy about it. LOL
ReplyDeleteIt's just a number. And not even a very big one. I am older than he is, so it makes him feel a little better. :)
DeleteHappy Birthday to your amazing man! Wishing Eric many more. :)
ReplyDeleteYour son... looking at... engagement rings? Very exciting stuff!
Thank you for the birthday wishes... he's a good guy!!
DeleteAnd I'm happy about the engagement. She's a beautiful, smart girl, and they will support each other, I think.
Happy Birthday, Eric!
ReplyDeleteHe had a good one. And Lyssa made an amazing cake. :)
DeleteHappy Belated Birthday Eric. and Congrats to your son!
ReplyDeleteThank you and thank you... we're happy about it.
Delete