Followers

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Go, me!

Another new enrollment for my program today.
Makes me happy.
I want it to grow.
I work hard to try and make that happen.

Of course I can't control the economy. If everyone had a job, I think the demand for day care would probably be a little higher.

And they changed our school hours this year, so morning programs are generally larger than they were last year. My morning program is as big as my afternoon program on some days. We have a full morning. Crafts and games and all the stuff that we have in the afternoons.

Tomorrow morning (which is today) I have some little plastic cups of flubber for the kids who either do not attend in the afternoon or left early and missed out on it.

They have a blast when we make it, they get a little plastic cup and stuff it in quickly with their fingetips, which makes a tremendous farting noise. You'd think it was the funniest thing in the universe. It's endlessly hilarious, too. They all get the giggles.

One of my smaller ones didn't want to touch it. She saw me mixing it, and it IS slimy... and she has some texture issues, I think. So I didn't make a big deal of it. She had a great time laughing as the other kids made farting noises.

Anyway, little things like making sure my morning kids get the same quality programming that happens in the afternoon can't hurt..  might help.

One of the morning girls, Kerri*, LOVES to make crafts. It was on her card she made me for Christmas. "Thank you for all the crafts I love them and I love you."

Isn't that sweet? I know that if they ever need afternoon care, they won't consider taking her anywhere else. That's nice to know. :)

I've been catching up, or trying to, on all the filing. It's a ton of work to keep up with everything I need to do while I'm there, and the things that don't involve interaction with children sometimes get pushed aside and pushed aside and pushed aside. And then pushed aside. I'm not there for the paperwork and office shit. I'm there for the kids. So I sometimes have to play catch up.

All their files are current, their medical forms are filled out, and I know how to contact family in case of emergency. The rest is just stuff... and not as important. So it eventually gets done.

And I'll be doing more tomorrow. Er, today.

Having a lovely hormonal migraine. First hormonal one since early December. I'd prefer not to have the hormones OR the migraines, really. Slept a lot last night, slept again this afternoon, and will sleep like a brick as soon as I hit post on this.

Happy Thursday.

10 comments:

  1. Paperwork, smakerwork ~ pain in ther arse, but has to be done.

    Damn the hormones! Hope your head is better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feeling more human this evening, but still soooo tired. Going to bed by 10 AM on a Friday night... I got old somewhere....

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yay me!! Wish it meant tons of cash. Well, it does, but I won't see any of it. :)

      Delete
  3. Not the same paperwork you are dealing with, but we're mired down in it, too. Who knew retiring could involve SO MUCH WORK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EVERYTHING involves a ton of work and paperwork. It's like a plague.

      Delete
  4. YEAH!!!

    I wish our peeps were so excited about new enrollees....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excitement doesn't always look the same... people show it differently. :)

      Delete
  5. Sorry about the migraine. What a fun program !!! Kids get to make farting noises!! Yeah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, farts are the funniest thing in the universe.Michael* farted for real this afternoon and then waved his arms around, saying, "I must share this one, it's too good to keep to myself."

      He's seven.

      Delete

Would it kill you to comment?