Followers

Monday, September 24, 2012

My stupid head...

OH MY GOD headache from hell!!!

Do not ask me why I got it or where it came from or for goodness sake WHY the medication DID NOT WORK. I don't have answers for any of that.

Now I *can* give you the answer my 'doctor' in the dream gave to me just before I woke up about 3 AM to take a migraine pill.

"You have a large tumor in your prefrontal lobe."

Nice to wake up to.
The migraine pill did not do SHIT to stop the headache.

I took two excedrin. Two hours later, I woke up and it still hurt just as much, so guess what? I took ANOTHER one.

And when I got up about an hour after that, I was able to get a shower, but after that unable to function again at all. So I took two aspirin (yes, I know that's a fuck of a lot of aspirin products) went back to bed, told Eric to wake me up when it was time for another dose of migraine medication, and sort of slept.

The 2nd pill seems to have worked, at least for now. It's 7:30 PM. I took two online courses to maintain my certification for my job for another year, had a taco salad and a little bowl of ice cream, chatted with some friends online.... and bam, just like that, the weekend's over.

And although there are more exciting things on my mind than my headache, I find I haven't the _____ to talk about them.

Coming soon, though, more on the upcoming work comp hearing and assorted other shit that has me stressed out. I'm not at all sure that I won't be pursuing a claim for my mental state after all this. That's part of what I'm talking about right now with an attorney.

8 comments:

  1. Well Damn! Absolutely not the best thing to wake up remembering from a dream. Let's hope that bugger of a migraine stays away for a while now. Prob all the stress that brought it out, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sucks!!! I have had one migraine in my life and it was horrible.... I hope you feel better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having experienced migraines in the past, I probably would have shot myself if I had to deal with them on a regular basis, like you do. Either that, or my liver would have totally failed from all the medications and killed me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe you should have your head checked for a tumor just in case.

    Stranger things have happened.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW I had to re-read that part about the tumor - my heart sank at first but was RELIEVED to understand it was a dream. As long as these don't happen too often, you are handling it correctly. Be advised though if you have several attacks a month like this and are using excessive analgesics, they may be actually worsening your migraine and you'll need to see your Doc to size a proper dose for your symptoms. Good Luck W.C.C.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um, yeah. Have you ever had an MRI of your head? Just to rule out that tumor rumor you woke up to. Intuition sometimes works in mysterious ways.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yikes! Next time it gets that bad you might consider going to hospital! Just in case, sometimes its bigger than you should deal with at home ,or have to

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8:07 AM

    You may want to check Dream Doctor's qualifications. I think he only plays one in your head. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Would it kill you to comment?