Summer program officially ended Thursday afternoon.
It was the usual mess, everyone hauling stuff in and out, taking stuff out to my site, blah blah.
I went to work at 9. Stopped at summer site, grabbed a few items to add to my loaded truck, and drove out to my school year location where I stopped to talk with the office staff, several teachers, the principal and custodian and unloaded it all from my truck.
The principal asked me if I was ready for open house this evening. ::gulp::
Uh, sure!
So I set up a table in the library for that.
I stayed there until almost noon (off the clock, of course, since the company isn't giving us the hours we need to do our jobs) and then went to work my shift at summer site.
Worked from 12:30 to 4, clocked out, stayed until 4:45 helping clean up and wrangling munchkins, and then drove to my school where I sat at a table in the library for two hours talking to prospective families, getting to know some of my new ones, and reconnecting with people I've known for years.
It's happened. I've become a fixture at the school, and a familiar face to a whole lot of them.
I'm going to start keeping track of the hours I work off the clock. Just for kicks. I bet it would add up to a chunk of change if they had to pay me for actual time worked.
Hard to believe that summer is O-V-E-R! Your school doesn't start till after Labor Day, I assume. Schools in this area started a couple of weeks ago. Here's to a good school year: healthy kids, little or no headaches, and no mishaps! :)
ReplyDeleteDon't write down your extra hours. It will just piss you off!
GOODBYE SUMMER! WOO HOO!
ReplyDeleteOh, sorry. I'm sure some people want it to last forever, but not me. I love the crisp autumn days.
Work-wise, I know you love your job, so I'm sure you aren't mourning the loss of summer either. :)
Wouldn't it be nice if they gave you your overtime amount as a bonus, say around Christmastime!?!
ReplyDeleteso you should , and they should be paying you for that extra time too , how do they think it happens? Magic?
ReplyDelete