Followers

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I'll take that to go....

So I don't have long to write, got busy talking to my imaginary friends, and before I knew it, it was bedtime.


But this afternoon, Dustin asked me for a cup.
"Just a cup? No water? Juice?"


He said, "No. Just a cup."


So I got him one. Mystified, I watched him. And he went to his backpack and pulled out an entire gallon of milk. Poured himself a little cup. Put the jug back.


"Dustin," I said, "Why do you have a gallon of milk in your backpack?"
"Oh!" he said. "It's for our class party tomorrow."


"But it's going to get sour!" I said.


"No, it's just for today that I'm carrying it around." he said, and went back to the Legos.


When his mom came to get him, she grabbed his backpack from the laundry basket (we keep our stuff in baskets along one wall by the back doors) and said, "What do you have IN this thing?" as they were heading out the door.


I didn't hear him, but her reply of, "WHAT??!!!" was quite clear.


Can't wait to catch up with her on Wednesday (his next attendance day) and find out what happened next.


Every day, I tell ya. I laugh every single day.

9 comments:

  1. LOL...I so WANT to hear this explanation!!!

    This is going to be good!!!! ;o)

    ~shoes~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear what happens!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:48 PM

    Oy vey! I have this ridiculous fear of milk going sour. I don't know why, because I've never actually tasted or smelled sour milk. But, yeah...

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! To be young and ignorant! I guess it's better than old and ignorant. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have learned never to ask what's in the bag. Just wait until they go to bed.... then check the contents.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's one tough little dude to be carrying around a full gallon of milk in his pack! I guess that stuff really is good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too .....funny! I'd like to know what his resasoning behind this was....but I'll take whatever I can get to get that image out of my mind. ;0) (((hugs)))Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yikes! Can't wait to hear what his mom had to say.

    ReplyDelete

Would it kill you to comment?