For whatever reason... tired, nothing to say, too busy to write...??
I am not that person.
Although I'm tired, I have a LOT to say.
I could talk here about best laid plans, four day weekends, and the people who fuck up those plans. But of course I'm really nice and won't do that. Until later.
I am a little busy, lots going on, but am I too busy to write? I suppose I sort of am, at least for tonight.
The news has been screaming SNOWMAGEDDON!!!!! and we keep getting, well, almost nothing.
One of the news stations asked people to send in their snow photos. The one that cracked me up the most was a little girl making a snow angel. The grass was clearly visible through the very light dusting of snow, so she was lying on the deck and doing the snow angel there.
People! This is NOT a snowstorm! Despite the on-air orgasms from the news commentators, it's just, you know, Winter. Happens between Fall and Spring. Not to be feared, or at least not usually. It's just a season.
So unless schools are on a two hour delay in the morning, I'll be heading for work at the usual 6:00 to get there on time.
I will never love getting up at 5. Have I mentioned that?
At 1:24 a.m., there is at least at inch or more on the ground with more on the way for morning. I am truly hoping that that means you get to sleep in in the morning and enjoy it.
ReplyDeleteYeah, I'd seen a news blotch on how much snow y'all are getting, and wondered.
ReplyDeleteI know the news is all sensationalism. Hey they are working on job security so they have to hype it up to keep their jobs.
ReplyDeleteHey there. Thanks for your comment on my blog! It's funny sometimes to see the news people just ache for dramatic news!
ReplyDeletewe get the same "chicken little " reports here "Oh gawd ! it is going to be soooo cold !" Yup its cold, not as cold as it can be , and for only a few days bout to hear the radio or TV we are sliding into the ice age
ReplyDeleteSounds like our weathermen. LOL!
ReplyDeleteDan is doing much better. Thanks for asking!
Hey you... Snowmageddon?!?! That sounds scary as Hell-0 to me...
ReplyDeleteI've lost my Muse... my world is upside down... blah...
I hope I rediscover it soon...
How are things going in your world??
~shoes~
I'm cracking up at the snow angel. That's just too funny!
ReplyDeleteI hate how weathermen get everyone so damn agitated about average weather. Save it for the truly horrendous things, please.
ReplyDeleteWe rarely get snow, so when we do... it's a big thing. Even a light dusting. Hurricanes and flooding, that's what we get stuck with.
ReplyDeleteWinter is missing us this year too.. Bizare weather....
ReplyDeleteWe are looking at our first snow on Saturday night. Just in time for me to stand out in it for 8 hours.
ReplyDeleteYippie.
You can always tell when it's a slow news day when the tv and radio reporters do nothing but whip people into a frenzy over a non-weather "event". Ugh.
ReplyDeleteHang in there.