Going to try really really hard to get out the little sewing projects I have planned. Couple short sleeved shirts that I want to turn into long sleeved ones. A blanket for my friend Tami (it's not a secret, it's just a gift that's ended up taking a long damn time)
I have some dye projects planned, too.
Gifts.
Since we're always suffering from too much month at the end of the money, especially this time of year, having clothing blanks (dye-speak for plain white cotton shirts) and lots of dye on hand is a great thing. :) When I go to Goodwill and find a shirt or two that would be good for dyeing, I usually buy it/them. Right now I have a big assed trash bag full of white shirts and a little extra time on my hands. Not much, isn't there always something that needs to be done??? But a little.
Then, Tami brought me some Sculpey the other day. And although I'm not a sculptor, I have a couple ideas for that, too. Like some of these guys/girls I'd think one could make heads/hands/boots from Sculpey... wire some rope to be able to pose them...
I'm going to visit Sprawlmart in my spare time and pick up some felt for them. I have this... compulsion. And our Sprawlmart is now stocking fabric again, although in limited quantities
Did I mention that my house is still undecorated and a little messy and that I have a lot of other stuff going on?
I am sure I'm the only person who has extra stuff to deal with this time of year, the rest of you need to get over here and help me.
I'll bake cookies.
What are you waiting for?
Right now I'm just waiting for boxes of gifts to arrive on time. Heh.
ReplyDeleteCan we make a batch of Gluten Free cookies. Then we can invite Portia as well. :)
ReplyDeleteThose gnomes are adorible! I've been pinning things on Pinterest to try. Hoping I can get some of them done at some point between this month and next.
I WISH I was crafty.
ReplyDeleteI make ugly EVERYTHING, so I've pretty much given up on trying to make ANYTHING, LOL. You need to post some crafty photos, I love looking at other people's handiwork.
On my way as soon as I get my house clean ,put up my tree , finish christmas shopping, and baking , and write my cards ! will there still be cookies?
ReplyDeleteAre they Ranger Cookies?
ReplyDeleteIf so, what time would you like me to be there?
I love the things you tie dye. Seriously. And those little gnomes? I can't wait to see them in clay. I wish I was crafty. WAH. Keilee is but it has to be the things SHE likes....as if.
ReplyDeleteI would come help, really I would, but I haven't done hardly ANYTHING here!
I'm getting into my car right now.....
ReplyDeleteCute little gnomes! You can also do angels, even simpler, using paper cones for the sleeves and gown. I need to send you a photo of one, you could probably make it even better and it's a fairly easy project for the kids. All you need is paper and a wooden head and whatever you want to embellish it with.
ReplyDeleteWhen whomever comes to your house to set up your tree and decorate your house is FINISHED...SEND THEM TO MY HOUSE. ;0)
ReplyDelete