So you ever get a wild hair and just sort of do something out of character? I've been decluttering and cleaning around here... and pondering rearranging the furniture.
This is not like me. I don't want to do housework much.
And rearrange the furniture??? We have a big assed sectional that I loved when I bought it.
The enchantment wore off a long time ago.
There is only one logical arrangement to put everything in. The room is large, but due to the placement of windows and doors... well, we really need to replace the furniture.
With smaller stuff. That has more possibilities.
I keep saying, "Won't happen until my dog dies or I get a lot of money."
People who are laid off from their jobs don't generally have money just falling out of their asses, now do they?
The dog will probably die before we get a lot more money....
I don't mind buying used furniture as long as it's in good condition, but I don't need anything else in the house getting dog grease on it.
Maggie rubs up against stuff. She always has. There's a long streak of dog grease along the back of the sofa all the way to the door.
I took my mom and Miss Lyssa to Goodwill on Monday morning. And back in the corner of the store, I found a computer armoire. It wasn't a big huge monstrosity (almost smaller than what I wanted) but it was in good shape and only 40 bucks. I looked at it opened it up, checked the shelves and decided it would be a good addition to the living room... after subtracting a few things that are taking up more than their fair share of space in there. :)
This is not like me. I don't want to do housework much.
And rearrange the furniture??? We have a big assed sectional that I loved when I bought it.
The enchantment wore off a long time ago.
There is only one logical arrangement to put everything in. The room is large, but due to the placement of windows and doors... well, we really need to replace the furniture.
With smaller stuff. That has more possibilities.
I keep saying, "Won't happen until my dog dies or I get a lot of money."
People who are laid off from their jobs don't generally have money just falling out of their asses, now do they?
The dog will probably die before we get a lot more money....
I don't mind buying used furniture as long as it's in good condition, but I don't need anything else in the house getting dog grease on it.
Maggie rubs up against stuff. She always has. There's a long streak of dog grease along the back of the sofa all the way to the door.
I took my mom and Miss Lyssa to Goodwill on Monday morning. And back in the corner of the store, I found a computer armoire. It wasn't a big huge monstrosity (almost smaller than what I wanted) but it was in good shape and only 40 bucks. I looked at it opened it up, checked the shelves and decided it would be a good addition to the living room... after subtracting a few things that are taking up more than their fair share of space in there. :)
So I brought it home, and Matt and I emptied the desk, moved boxes of this and that and took the old desk out. Moved the cabinet in. It looks nice, we can close the doors on it, which helps, and we have a bit more room in the living room now.
I'm in a nesting frenzy... the good start we got in getting cleaned up for the visit from the ancestors sorta lit a fire under me.
Since I got sick during the 1st week of break program, and I told Sunshine that I can work but would prefer the time off for this week, no one has called to ask me if I can work.
I'm certainly not going to call them!
So I have been looking around at all that needs done, and realizing that I already have a really good start.
And writing several posts so that I can't slack off and pretend like I need to blog, taking a break, will get back to it soon.....
We are dog sitting and YIKES!! I am slightly OCD add a brand new smell good baby and a dog and I have gone NUTSO (to use a word from Ian's book).. I seem to be cleaning my floors 3 times a day. The baby lays on the floor and so does the DOG!
ReplyDeleteWe have spent the last 3 days cleaning, sorting and throwing away everything that is not nailed down..
Good Luck!! I hope you have a great week and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Enjoy your much needed break and 'nesting' Isn't it amazing how your mind works? I got into that cleaning frenzy yesterday and felt metaphorically I purged the old to bring in the new...
ReplyDeletetake good care...
Enjoy your nesting. I'll just watch my daughter nest, thank you. :)
ReplyDeleteThe in-laws are staying with us for an extended period of time, (yes, it's that awful) and it forces me to stay continuously organized and neat and tidy. I like that. Although, it means constantly harping on my whirlwind of a college girl and her mess. Good luck with the cleaning frenzy. Have a happy new year!
ReplyDeletehehehehehehehe well the last time I got a wild hair I came home with another tattoo... lmbo.... so carry on GF... with having a wild hair for nesting..... =)
ReplyDeleteFunny how that feeling comes and gos isnt it.... guess it has something to do with the seasons maybe?... anyhows... enjoy your break... and have fun organizing!!
Must be something in the air. I've been psycho-cleaning too! Take care.
ReplyDeleteMaybe it is a sign of early spring??? Sounds good to me , when you are done there , come on up I will show you you the horses and Winston and you can supervise (give orders on cleaning up around here!)
ReplyDeleteI've felt like this since last January! :) It feels good, doesn't it?
ReplyDelete