So apparently I 'treat the children as if they were my own.' I guess that's meant to be a compliment. I'll accept it as such.
That's what was in the response from Georgia when Rachelle's mom emailed her about the incident that happened over spring break. Remember? Rachelle* laid on a beanbag, sicker than hell for five hours and waited for someone to call her mom.
She said that Georgia assured her that she's discussed the incident with both staff members involved and that it won't happen again.
Okay.
Whatever.
I sure hope it never does.
At least not on my watch. Because I will stir up the biggest shitstorm I can.
Probably be fired soon after for doing exactly that.
We're really not encouraged to sound off. But you know, Brashley is a backstabbing bitch and I'd like to see her gone. Not only does she think she's just awesome and better than the rest of us, she gets on my last nerve. See previous post about the fact that I'd rather have knee surgery than work with that crazed cow over summer vacation.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We did the haircut thing this morning. As usual, I asked my stylist to take 1/4 to 1/2 inch off my hair so that it looks like it hasn't been cut. I'm happy with it.
Lyssa isn't thrilled with her cut, she thinks her bangs are too short. Her hair actually looks really nice, but the stylist put some gel stuff in her hair that made it look greasy. I think she will be happier with it tomorrow after it's clean and shiny and soft once again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So my job has a down side. Or two.
You know how your body enthusiastically tosses ballast overboard when your monthly hormone hag rides in screaming and throwing mayhem everywhere?
Yeah. Bitch showed up on Friday afternoon while I was AT WORK ALONE WITH KIDS and couldn't leave them to go to the restroom. I sat down a lot.
I'm still tossing ballast. Today should be the last day of that, but damn.
This morning about 7:10, I had to, er, go.
And I don't mean I needed to tinkle.
Of course I can't leave the kids. Now I could ask the cook if she could hang out with the kids for a couple minutes, which I have done once in the past, but I thought I could just wait it out until 8:05.
Which I did.
But it was a near thing.
Oh.My. Gawd.
What does it say when one's own smell makes them want to die?
And the can of Lysol stored on the cute little shelf in the corner of the staff bathroom is empty. It's BEEN empty since the break... and keeps getting put back on the shelf.
So this morning I threw it away. I hope that no one went into the bathroom for at least, oh, four hours after I left it, though. And then I hope the can got replaced.
Or that no one else had to go for at least that long.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We lost our power this afternoon during reading time. It was out for an hour.
During that time, since most of the room was dark and I only had four kids, I was teaching John* to play chess.
(Little known fact about me... as an 8th grader in what, 1972? I won enough games in our local chess tournament to go to the state tournament as an alternate. The only girl on our team and one of only two at the entire state tournament. But none of the boys got sick, I didn't end up having to play... and I spent the tournament weekend shopping with my aunt and having a great time.)
Anyway. I used to be fair at playing the game. I was aided by a pretty good memory and shit-assed luck, really, but I do know how to play. I haven't played in more than 20 years, at least not seriously. I don't miss it. But it was fun sitting down with John and teaching him the rudiments of the game.
Now last week, the kids asked for a chess game when I made my monthly pilgrimage to Sprawlmart with the company to shop for our sites. I wasn't willing to buy the 20 dollar set... when your budget for the whole damn month is $55.00, a 20 out of that is, well, a lot.
So after we went out to Sprawlmart, I picked up Matt and Lyssa and we hit Goodwill. Yeah, I had to spend my own money, but I got two chess sets for $2.99. The downside to that? There were no chess boards in the boxes.
So I printed out a couple I found online and will take those in.
But I really wish I could afford a few decent weighted sets to teach the kids how to play. It's definitely worthwhile to learn it. I know that if I had five boards, I'd have 10 kids playing. And the other 15 or so looking over their shoulders and giving advice.
I'd have to train them to not do that... but I'd love to get them all playing chess.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In other news... I paid our life insurance policies today. I hate spending the money because it's a fair chunk of change, but have to admit it makes me feel better to have that taken care of.
No one wants to think about dying (well, except for the hours between 7:10 and 8:05 some mornings, see above,) but yeah. I feel better. Actually in many ways. ;)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I had planned to get to bed early tonight.
So I'm headed that way now.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm glad you stopped by so I could share all this with you. I'm sure you are, too. Stop by tomorrow. Maybe it will be even more exciting. Maybe I'll tell you about clipping my toenails or the fact that my toes really look like, well, hairy peanuts.
My hairy Hobbit toes have been the subject of much derision and laughter around my house.
Wow. Maybe I can take a picture for you!
I don't know how you can stand the suspense, really.
Hehehe...hairy peanuts.
ReplyDeleteMy own mother said my toes look like "squished turtle heads".
Either I have some ugly, ugly toes or a really cruel mother.
Have a great day, Ami! ;)
A chess camp, hmm. James loves chess, but would not like the pressure of "really" playing. He likes to play me to win and DH to learn.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear something came of Rachelle's discomfort, but not enough.
So, what do you REALLY think ?
ReplyDeletePossibly, TMI, but I held my nose as I read part of this...ok, maybe ALL of it once I got to your morning activity.
Question: Why does hair grow on top of my big toe, from my chin (I know, those are stray eyebrows), AND around the bottom of my lip, and on top of my nose. Don't say that I'm a gorilla. I looked in the mirror, and I'm not. My arms are too short.
Love that..."with a side of TMI."
ReplyDeleteYou write so cleverly. Love the snarkiness in there. Nice break from all the fluff, and rainbows, and pink unicorns.
Thanks for the reality "bite."!
P.S. We all love Goodwill over here. WE have found the coolest vintage games for like 2.98.
Sprawlmart...hehe.
ahahahahaha.....
ReplyDeleteDid you come out and swish behind you like whats his name in the movie..."whooooo... dont go in there!!"....
=)
I dont know which is funnier.... that or the hairy peanuts/hobbit toes...
I am so demented....
Oh well... be back tomorrow to see how that toenail clipping is going heeheehee...
I've been feeling annoyed that I always have "help" when I use the bathroom these days (my son is kinda potty trainning). But at least I can use it when I want too. Thanks for the prespective.
ReplyDeleteI still haven't paid our life insurance. Can you adopt me and hubby? That would be nice.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you like your haircut! Lyssa's will be fine, I think. Why do they use so much product?
Hope the can of Lysol gets replaced!
Hugs!!
I shave my hairy peanuts. That way the hair doesn't knot up in my socks. ;)
ReplyDeleteWish more had happened in the Rachelle situation. :::sigh:::
Wow lots today ! cant wait to read about your toes! lol. You do a great job with those kids and you deserve appreciation for it. As for the other bit , hey you are human ,stuff happens , and maybe the lysol fairy will bless your BR now
ReplyDeleteWell, there are days, I gag in the bathroom and wonder if there is something I am eating that makes it worse than everyone else in the family. My toes aren't too bad, but my nails are getting hard and curling in making my big toes a different shape. It sucks getting old.
ReplyDelete