It's almost noon (oops, just looked at the clock... it's past noon) and I'm still in my pajamas at the kitchen table, pondering the meaning of life.
Well, not really. What I'm doing is procrastinating. I have laundry in the washer and in the dryer. I'm guessing that most of the people reading this have the same affliction, so at least I'm not alone. I have dishes to do.
There are 20 pansies in the back of my car that need to be unloaded. I have some stuff to take to work with me this week that needs to go into the back of my car. Gotta keep kids amused, ya know. I need to make a new limbo CD (just like the OLD one, but that's out at my school).
I have a lot to do. There's so much of it that I'm not sure where to start, really.
I must confess here.
Do you have a place in your home that's always covered in clutter?
If you're like me, you have more than one place like that.
My big one is the kitchen table.
It's like an archeological dig. Layers upon layers. Papers to shred. Papers to file. Papers to recycle. Tax information. Prescription receipts that need to go to the comp insurer for reimbursement. Egg cartons. I've been saving them for a project at work. Other things that need to go to work with me. Hangers and jackets and books and paper and fun foam and a game and some playing cards and my cell phone and my camera and a box of tissues and pens and pencils and computer USB cords for this and that and a jar of aquarium gravel...
Earrings. Sharpies. My wallet. Napkin holder with salt and pepper shakers. A dish towel that I occasionally use as a bib. I have to, because if I am in a hurry, I drop food on myshelf.*
A vase. I bought it at Goodwill, it was full of pony beads. Now it sits here empty, ready to be re-donated. I have a squishy ball that I was using for physical therapy for awhile. It needs to go back to work. My laptop. An empty water bottle. A zippered bag that came in the mail with some makeup I ordered.
*Not a typo.
Under all of this... my Christmas tablecloth.
Yep, I am serious.
Now please cut me a little slack. From November to mid-February, while I was trying to recover from surgery, I didn't feel much like dealing with any of it.
After I went back to work January 4th, I needed a lot more rest than I was getting. And stuff got piled on top of stuff.
It's got to stop. I just know that within another week or so it'll be harboring wildlife.
I also know that I will feel better when it's done. I always do.
So why am I still sitting here?
I'm not.
See you later.
My 2 places are my breakfast bar in the kitchen, and my night stand. Both of which MUST be cleaned off before Ian returns... Its a bit aggravating that he is such a neat freak!
ReplyDeleteHave a great Sunday...
I started reading this earlier and I had to go and start some laundry since it was 2:00 here. Yikes! I was in my jammies until noon!
ReplyDeleteOne of my dumping grounds is my desk. I stack stuff until the stacks start to lean right or left, that's when I know it's time to go through the stuff. I have jewelry, remedies and some quick and whole body defense bottles too. I even have an empty egg carton on my desk. Don't ask!
You have to see my reply to your comment! I crack myself up!
Happy week! Hugs!!
Oh my gosh, the Clutter Place. How I detest the Clutter Place!!!
ReplyDeleteThe dining room table, only because my son has taken over my desk (which I took over from my husband... ha ha), so there are always 2 laptops on the table, and my husband's assorted shit.
I made him clean it up before he left for Japan today, though!
I don't really have to answer this, do I? LOL
ReplyDeleteWe have many spaces like that. Our office is much that way, as is our bedroom. I think much of it has to do with lack of space, but more of it has to do with too much stuff and spreading myself too thin with things I want to do, other things I have to do and things I sign up to do that end up burdening me in the end. I don't know if I will ever balance it right, but slowly things are improving with me no longer working this spring. Of course it could go all weird again if we have to move my in-laws or I or someone else in the family gets ill and we are having my daughter move back after 6 months house sitting so there is another person in our small space.
ReplyDelete