Followers

Sunday, February 21, 2010

It was going to be a busy week anyway....

But I definitely added to the stress level by sticking an almost last minute mini vacation to the end of it.

  • Monday. Work, Costco, no time for a nap, work.
  • Tuesday. Work, physical therapy, short nap*, work.
  • Wednesday. Work, very short nap, early work.
  • Thursday. Work, physical therapy, short nap, work.
  • Friday. Work. Leave. Relax at the coast.
But you know I'll stress and obsess about everything between now and then, too. I'll lose sleep.
Packing... don't want to forget anything.
The drive to the coast... I'm always apprehensive when heading out and away from the kids, what if something happens to both of us?
I will wake up at night and write stuff on the list I keep next to the bed.

I know it's silly to obsess. I don't like doing it. But I don't seem to be able to stop it, either.

Why was I thinking this was a good idea?
Hmm.

*Naps are always optional, and sometimes I just don't have time for the option. But I take them when I can. They make me feel better.

4 comments:

  1. You sound like me before a trip! The last few times we've traveled, I've printed off lists of everything that we need to take with us as well as everything that needs done at the house before we go. It helps, but I still think of things that aren't on the list.

    You need this! It will be good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why did you think it was a great idea? Well, because it'll be all worth it when you actually get to the relaxing part. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A weekend away sounds lovely ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm starting to really look forward to it now. It will be fun to just be us, ya know?

    But of course I will worry because we're a long way away if there's any kind of emergency.

    My mom says you never really get past worrying about your kids. So far, she's right.

    ReplyDelete

Would it kill you to comment?