From 'KGW Staff' this morning : (If I had written the article I wouldn't want my name on it, either)
Now I'm sure it was a frightening experience. I can't even imagine. So why would a writer make it funny?
From the article:
As each employee filed into the room, a gunman grabbed and bound them with duct tape, according to information from the sheriff’s office.
Once the employees all had arrived, the gunmen took one to an office and demanded him to open the store’s safe and cash register.
The suspects then fled, according to employees.
Nearly an hour later, an employee was finally able to shimmy out of bondage, free the coworkers, and call 9-1-1, according to police reports.
Shimmy out of bondage?
SHIMMY OUT OF BONDAGE?
Holy cow. What the hell are they smoking over there at KGW?
This one belongs in the KGW Hall of fame, next to but slightly below the remarks from the reporter after shots were fired at a home one night.
He excitedly told us on LIVE TV as he pointed to the hole in the window... "Here is where the bullet squirmed through the glass."
Maybe that particular reporter knows a little something about that girls "after hours" activities that we don't know, LOL. I mean why else would she shimmy out of bondage?
ReplyDeleteI now have Shimmy Shimmy Coco Bop going through my head.
ReplyDeleteI really think I'm losing it here.
By the way, dd was asking why I was laughing at the computer (about the stove top). I told her it would take too long to explain. Thanks for being so fun. You're the best.
idiots. i also want to beat the writers of the today show -=from around a year or so ago " so how did you feel when you realized your son was buried under an avalanche?" umm, really matt lauer, really? that's the best question you can come up with? Thats why I hate these 15 minutes of fame stories that they do. totally ignorant. like the teenager that sent tens of thousands of text messages in a month. i thought they ought to be down right embarrassed by it, but they were on several talk shows. BOORIIINGGGG! Who cares?
ReplyDeleteha ha! Someone is trying to hit every word in the dictionary...
ReplyDelete