Followers

Monday, March 03, 2008

Well PISS ME OFF!


I went to Tar-zhay yesterday morning and found an MP3 player. I talked to the guy in electronics. He was quite informative, and knew the differences between the players, and the advantages of each.

I ended up with a Sansa. It looks like the picture. Not that I care what it looks like, it will either be in my pocket while I'm exercising or plugged into the little cassette converter thing I bought with it so I could listen in my car.

It sounds great. The earbuds were bothersome, though, so I've kept my old ones. It wasn't difficult to put music into the machine, and I managed to make a playlist of most of the things I love (and what a strange, mixed bag that is!) and order the playlist the way I wanted it.

Then, I plugged in my earbuds to take it for a test drive.
The damn thing put my playlist in alphabetical order!
SHIT!!! WTF is up with that?

I have gone back and looked at settings, I've queried my kids who always seem to know more than I do about stuff like this, and I even read the manual, which I printed out myself. To no avail.

I have sent an email to tech support asking them how to fix it, too.

I guess if all else fails, I can go back into my music and rename all 200+ songs. A. AA. AAA. AAAA. AAAAA. AB ABB ABBB ABBBB... well you get it.

But there has to be something I just don't get... I can't imagine the whole world listens to their music in alphabetical order.

Or do they?

3 comments:

  1. I don't know if I should laugh or say bless your heart. So, I guess I'll do both. Hope you don't get offended, but I just couldn't help it. If it were me I would be mad too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't there a setting where you can shuffle the music? Jimmy bought me a Zune recently. And while it's wonderful...I can't put all the music I want on it unless I subscribe to their site...which is 14 bucks a month. And even then, if I cancel the subscription, the music I got from them only plays for a short time. Luckily for me, the music I put on it were from my own cd collections.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:13 AM

    Oh yes. I can absolutely shuffle. But what I wanted was to listen to the songs in a specific order.

    Since my tastes in music are so broad and encompass so many years of music, I don't want to hear something from 1995 next to something from 1950. I even have some classical music on there.

    I did do a shortened version of the playlist yesterday, and assigned songs a number instead of a title, but that could get complicated and make it hard for people to know what's on the list, since we all use the music.

    :::sigh:::

    ReplyDelete

Would it kill you to comment?