Followers

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

More Aimless Rambling

I guess today isn't going to be a coherent day for me.
I woke up at 3:30 (multiple expletives deleted) and couldn't get back to sleep.

The longer I laid there, staring at the inside of my eyelids, the more awake I got. My mind started up and since there was no one at the helm, it began zooming off in all directions like a mad motor boat.


I got up at 4:45 and took some aspirin, because I was starting to get a headache.

When Eric got up at 5:50, I still had not gone back to sleep. I had him grab the alarm clock for me, I reset it, and went back to sleep. Sort of.

It was really more like being a diver. I surfaced and sank and surfaced and sank so many times I was getting grumpy.

I finally got back to real sleep about 8:00, and the alarm went off at 9. Since then, I've ripped some tracks from a CD that I did not have in my music library, added those tracks to my little player, and read my email.

Yes, that's me. Improving productivity one groggy action at a time.

Now I'm going to go get ready to exercise. I stepped on the scale this morning, even though I had planned not to until Sunday. I am wearing jeans I had retired, so I know I'm losing inches. But guess what? I am still stuck right at 14 lbs lost.

Now I have told people many times that even when they're not losing weight, they are still losing inches and that muscle weighs more than fat and that they WILL drop those lbs if they just keep at it... but it sure is hard to tell myself that.

Evidently I'm a better talker than listener.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would it kill you to comment?