Followers

Monday, December 24, 2007

I survived shopping on Christmas Eve!

Of course, it was 6:29 when I rolled out of bed.

8:15 a.m. when we headed out the door.

It's 9:25 now. We weren't out long, and didn't have many things to get.


A roll of gift wrap. A sausage to slice up for the relish tray tomorrow. Candy canes (going to try making peppermint bark this week.) Cheese... not really needed but it will get eaten.

The parking lot was practically empty. Somnolent.

We were in and out the door of the store in record time.

Ran to Lowe's to get some paint for the ceiling in the kitchen. That place was like a mausoleum.

When the roofers did our roof a year ago, they managed to jar our kitchen light fixture into death. I've been without a light up there for a year, making do with the one over the kitchen sink and a lamp on the kitchen table. (an aside here... every time I type kitchen, I first type kicthen and have to fix it. EVERY time.)

Eric has painted over the area where the old light fixture was, and will be hanging my new one today. When we rewire the house, I think I'll get him to put up my ceiling fan/lights in there, but for now, a nice, (cheap) industrial fluorescent fixture will make me smile. I'll be able to SEE!!

I plan to post tomorrow because I have been posting every day for two months straight and can't let a little thing like Christmas stop me. I know there are people out there who won't be online tomorrow (although it's unimaginable to me how one can stay away from the computer for more than 8 hours) so let me take this opportunity to wish all of you the best holiday you can imagine.

Whether you celebrate Christmas or a different holiday at this time, I hope it's wonderful.

6 comments:

  1. Compliments of the season from me and mine to you and yours.
    Cheers

    This is my calling card or link"Whittereronautism"which takes you straight to my new blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can sympathize about a torn-up kitchen at Christmas - I got a new kitchen floor 2 weeks ago and am now attempting to paint. We had to forgo a tree due to the disarray. Merry, merry Christmas! Stop my my blog at eastwardcatholicsoldiers.wordpress.com and say hi sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:10 PM

    We don't celebrate Christmas but I do wish for you a Very Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you'll be getting light in your kitchen! I haven't been online because of momma, but hopefully I can spend some more time at home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how cool! Good hubby on hanging a new light for you :) We were totally shocked when we went to Walmart, full parking lot and dd was in and out in under 6 minutes looking for a camera battery for the Nutcracker~! There is never a cashier in that place but evidently they had them ALL working last weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Would it kill you to comment?