Followers

Saturday, April 27, 2024

Beachy!

We have been going every year for a long time.
I don't usually say anything about it on social media until we're home.

We're home.

I brought the real camera. It's an old camera, I'm doing some mental math trying to remember when I bought it. Gave up and looked up an excursion we took after I bought it. 2008. So it's been with me for awhile.

I found a telephoto lens when Circuit City was closing down. I think it cost me about 40 bucks. It's great for getting closer to places I either can't get to or in the case of the geese down below, I can get close without scaring anything.

Like the cliff across the little cove from our room.


I liked the way the sun was hitting the waves near sunset. It made them glow.






I work with a guy. Let's call him Dave. He's our IT guy. In charge of the warehouse and ordering various things as well. I really love him. He's a guy with a sense of humor and is one of the nicest big kids (he's Matt's age) I know.

I messaged him on Wednesday because my assistant let me know that we needed some more food service gloves and our delivery is scheduled for Thursday.

So I sent Dave a text.
Dave is a smarty pants, but he's funny. We laugh often. So when he responded that he would take care of it and told me he hoped I would have a great time and come back all relaxed. We have a running joke about customer service and the typo I made once (ordered 2500 pieces of cheese for snacks instead of 25) and he mentioned that. Haha.

I responded by letting him know I'd name a seagull after him.
There was one who kept coming up to our back patio door and looking in our window. So I named him Dave and sent a couple photos to the other Dave. Wish I'd thought to grab a feather, there are usually a few blowing around the lawn at the resort.





There was a family of Canada geese wandering around the grounds.
Five babies and a couple proud parents.

I can hear a couple of you going, 

Uh, CANADIAN geese... but no. It's Canada goose. I looked it up.
Doesn't matter what you call them anyway, they're not going to come when you call them. Haha.







So now we're home.
I managed to do some laundry. The dishwasher is running as we speak.
I'm tired, didn't get a lot of rest last night. As much as I like getting away, I love being back home, too.

I've heard from Jim a couple times over the last 10 days. He doesn't like being in charge and is looking forward to my return on Monday.

Okay, that's the excitement for the last 10 days in my life.
How are things where you are?

13 comments:

  1. A beach vacation! So happy you got away for 10 days. I can imagine Jim is delighted you are back. I have always called them Canadian geese. I stand corrected (probably won't change, though!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like I said up there^^ it doesn't matter what you call them, they're not going to come when you call them anyway. ;) I needed the break, but I am glad to be home. Own potty, own bed. Also, I missed my ten million things to craft with. On the other side, I managed to finish a book I'd been reading, took some naps, cooked some really yummy soup and watched a lot of old James Bond movies with the hubby.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you had a good time. The pictures are great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to be home, but it was really nice to get away.

      I love how much detail I get with my old camera. If you click on Dave the Seagull, you can see mist droplets in his feathers. I was probably at least 30 feet away from him when I snapped the pic.

      Delete
  3. Those pictures are great….like you I like the ones where the sun is highlighting the waves as they break on the rocks. I think the Oregon/Washington coastline is absolutely spectacular.
    Glad you made your annual trip and took your camera!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like my camera, I don't get it out often enough. I use it a lot at work, though. We had mostly good weather. Some rain, though.

      Delete
  4. I love going to the coast! We have a favorite place to stay, Starfish Manor. Do you guys always stay same place? You don't have to tell me if you don't want, I'm just curious. ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Parents had a timeshare. Last time we could use it unfortunately. Tell me more about Starfish manor!

      Delete
    2. It's in Lincoln City. We get an ocean view room, with a jacuzzi tub in the room. So we can sit in the tub and watch the ocean. I love to sleep with the window open to hear the ocean. Anyway, Star Fish is always clean and they don't allow kids so it's always quiet!

      Delete
  5. The pics are great but even better that you got some time off. But how could you come home and have dishes to wash?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our dishwasher was full when we left and we forgot to run it the night before. So we ran it just with hot water for a half hour or so, then left it open after it drained. So it was full when we got home and needed to be run. I needed time off, but I ain't leaving during the school year again. Ughhh. Post coming up about that in a day or so.

      Delete
  6. My only recent holidaying has been watching people trek around Cape Breton and Ireland on YouTube. Sigh. However, I do know a different bird named Dave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be a good book title. A Bird Named Dave.
      Or maybe the name of a band.

      Delete

Would it kill you to comment?