Followers

Monday, January 09, 2023

Bye, now. Thanks for the kick in the pants.

 

Thursday January 19th will be my last day at the _______.

(non profit that couldn't afford to pay me six hours a week to maintain my full time status and benefits).

Thank you for the experience, I've met a lot of wonderful people.
Not all of them were kids, either.

It's my intention to leave behind all the supplies I've personally purchased for the program at _____ with the exception of my own collection of LEGO and a few small things that have sentimental value to me.

I will continue to work to organize the program until my departure. We've managed to do most of it since the move in October, but there are still some things to go through.

I'd intended to accomplish that over winter break until I was sidelined by the weather and the prospect of possibly being stranded on the freeway.

I'll be happy to show the person you replace me with where everything is and how our routine works to ease transition for both the kids and the ________.
(non profit that couldn't afford to pay me six hours a week to maintain my full time status and benefits).


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I sent it after close of business this afternoon. It's not quite two week's notice, I will be starting my new job on Friday the 20th. It's possible that I could work the afternoon shift at my current school, but whatever. If it weren't for my kids, I would have told them to piss off as soon as I found another job, but it's not about who THEY are, it's about who I am. And I'm not that person, I guess.

Like I said, I even gave notice to those morally bankrupt shitbags at Champions, and if anyone deserved to be left without notice, it was them.

It would be really easy to just take a bunch of stuff that doesn't belong to me.
Although I'm not sure what I'd do with some card stock, a few games or some masking tape. I have that stuff at home.

Now the hard part... gotta tell my families.
Not looking forward to that.


6 comments:

  1. Good job! Grab that box of kleenex and explain to the parents your need to move forward having nothing to do with their wonderful children. You got this! I can't wait to hear what the powers that be at that non profi tthat couldn't afford to pay you six hours a week to maintain your full time status and benefits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a letter for the parents. I'll be notifying them on Friday afternoon, that gives the kids a 3 day weekend to process the information. They'll be full of questions on Tuesday afternoon. It's tempting, but I won't take advantage of the opportunity to say something like, "Well, kids, sometimes employers are really disrespectful. When you grow up, be nice to the people who work for you."

      Delete
  2. I'm sure the kids will miss you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll probably miss them more than they will miss me. It makes me so sad. I like kids wherever I end up, and I'm hopeful it will turn out okay. But it hurts.

      Delete
  3. The families. That is the hardest part. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel very bad about all of it. I resent being put in this position. It's not my fault, I know it. I know the kids will have hurt feelings and so will the parents on behalf of their kids. I hope my employer finds someone who isn't a power tripping asshole to run things.

      Delete

Would it kill you to comment?