Don't get too excited there... simply means I Am Not A Lawyer.
Do you need to be one to have a good bullshit detector? I don't think so.
I've
spent the month since the election reading everything I can get my
hands on. Not only things that say what I want, either. I've read a
great deal from the other side, too.
I see why they think they're right, but I don't agree with them.
Trump
lost. There was a huge uprising among the voting public after four
years of the most appalling and crazy shit most of us have ever seen
from a president.
Like the photo below, where he mocked a reporter with a disability.
More people voted against him than for him. That's it.
Serious question here... can't trust:
Media.
ALLLL the poll workers and observers and hired election officials.
Can't trust the 'deep state'.
Can't trust ANYONE who says the election was fair.
Who can we trust?
Ohhh... only Donald and his assclown parade.
Yeah, that's not a problem at ALL.
Okay, so here's what happened.
More than six months ago, Trump started bleating about cheating.
Claiming far in advance that he wasn't going to lose 'unless the other side cheats'.
He went on and on about how unsafe it would be to mail your ballot in.
Unsafe to vote early, too!
Wait until Election Day!!
All his little criminal friends who constantly surround him and lick his
![]() |
| Trump and Lindsey Graham, enjoying a moment |
And his cult followers obediently said, "I shall not vote by mail, Sir."
Of course ignoring the fact that Trump himself was planning to vote by mail.
And that voting by mail has been going on for a long time without issues.
Then he hired big donor DeJoy to run fuck things up at the post office.
He
would have succeeded, too, but too many people talked about what was
going on. Decommissioned sorting machines and a deliberate slowing of
the mail didn't do as much damage as they'd planned.
Many Republican states made rules that the mail in/early ballots MUST NOT be counted until after the election.
So
you know all those people who waited in line for hours and hours and
hours to vote early? They weren't waiting in line to vote for Trump.
It's a pretty safe bet that most of the mail in ballots weren't cast in
Trump's favor, either.
So the Trumpkins voted on election day.
The
mail in/early votes in many states weren't counted until the next few
days. Which is why it looked like Trump was winning. Until the ballots
which were overwhelmingly Democrat were counted and then, well, then he
lost. Because more people voted for Biden. Simple arithmetic.
He
and his minions have filed all kinds of cases in several states. Which
is what he does... he litigates when things don't go his way. It's how
he's done things his whole life, why would he change now?
Now we have BILL BARR saying there is no evidence of election fraud.
Trump's
good buddy BILL FUCKING BARR. (Trump is considering firing him, I read
yesterday. He does that when people don't agree with him.)
There are people making death threats to election workers who are just doing their jobs, too.
And the milquetoast fuckweasel Republicans who are saying nothing... they're complicit when something bad happens to one of those people just doing his/her job.
Sure, if there is legal proof that something happened, then for goodness sake bring that proof out in court. But over 50 cases later, there's been hearsay, conjecture, grandstanding, "hearings" which aren't legal hearings. They're theater, held in hotel conference rooms.
So far, zero real evidence has been presented IN A COURT OF LAW.
Lining up a bunch of idiots to 'testify' in hotel conference rooms is completely meaningless.
Just thinking it happened because Trump said so or Melting Rudy 'just has a feeling' is not evidence. And the continual, "We have LOTS AND LOTS of evidence" and "many people are saying" but it's never shown in court... well, that's not evidence either.
When they allege fraud outside the courtroom for the cameras, then very carefully do NOT allege fraud in the courtroom, that should be telling even the most ardent skeptic something.
When in court they are only trying to toss the votes that didn't go along with them winning. And mysteriously aren't arguing with the people elected down the ballot, only disagreeing with a few counties in a few states that didn't go their way in the presidential election.
They took it all the way to the highest court, where people Trump put there through abuses of presidential power (solely for this purpose) didn't support his attempt to steal the election.
And no, there were not two 'dissenting opinions'. He's a graceless clod. Burning down the country on his way out.
He's putting himself first, whining about losing. He can't admit that there were more people who wanted him out than those who wanted him to continue not doing his job for four more years. He has done nothing for the country he claims to love since the election, just thrown tantrums and caused more deaths.
I don't understand it.
The 'dead people' who voted? No one has proven anything of the sort.
Likewise the 'millions' who voted "hundreds of times".
NONE of these things have been proven and no real evidence has been shown.
The link leads to a clear, straightforward discussion of each of the pieces of 'evidence' as they call it. It is worth reading.
Oh yeah, all those 'sworn affadavits'... none of those were brought to an actual legal court hearing, either. Why? Because as a lawyer, you get in trouble for shenanigans like those in a real court of law.
Trump failed to act when we were hit with the pandemic, instead turning masks and caution into political statements, mocking people who took those measures and now nearly 300,000 people are dead.
He refused to listen to the experts.
He set a shitty example, and so did his family.
I can't say he's done anything worth a shit as president, but throwing up his hands and repeatedly saying, "We're turning the corner!" sure as fuck didn't do anything to help.
The superspreader rallies he held while he was hoping people would elect him again and the ensuing infections/deaths? I don't understand how his cult still followed him after that.
He's taken in millions and millions for his PAC since the election, too. And a cursory reading of the fine print should have let people know that almost zero was going to any attempts to steal the election, instead going into the pockets of the morally bankrupt family instead. But no, he keeps getting money. Which is why he won't admit he lost the election.
The same kind of people who send money to televangelists are sending money to Trump. Easily duped and weak minded individuals.
I *am* a little tired of the self-serving whining about how Trump hijacked the GOP, though. What really happened is that the GOP created the conditions that made it possible for the shitbag to con his way into the office in the first place. And fuck those people like Lindsey Graham and Ted Cruz who hated Trump, spoke out against him (look up what Trump said about Teddy's wife!!) and now have somehow have flipped their allegiance and act all sanctimonious and self-righteous while they kiss Trump's ass.
I've been ready for things to be over for a long time.
As a country, we need to address the extreme amount of time between election and the start of a new administration. We're no longer dependent on people carrying messages by horseback, we can do things a lot faster.
He needs to be gone. He has killed enough.



"He set a shitty example"
ReplyDeleteHe is shit, period. As are his bizarre followers.
I told one of the most rabid Trump-haters I know that part of me feels sorry for Trump. He's obviously mentally ill and considering what we know of his childhood and life, has deep issues. I don't really feel sorry for Trump-the-man, but there's sadness in me for Trump-the-child. That contributed to make him who he is now.
DeleteIt doesn't stop me from wanting him gone, from agreeing that he's shit, though. Regardless of what turned him into a narcissistic sociopath/common grifter, he needs to be GONE. I hate what has happened on his watch and am deeply disappointed with the republicans who helped him do this. I hope all of them pay for what they've done.
Ain't over yet. Before it is, every corner of the system the Founders set up (Electoral College) will be explored.
ReplyDeleteIf they'd actually had evidence, it would (or should) have been brought to actual court. But they were very careful to say they were NOT alleging fraud when they were in court. I am not under the illusion that putting this party or that in charge will improve my life or the lives of anyone I know. But I don't believe there was fraud, I believe what happened was that Trump was voted out. The nepotism and the racism were part of it, but the biggest thing was his complete failure to do anything to slow the pandemic. Things like listening to experts, for example.
DeleteWhen Trump was elected, I was surprised (but happy Hillary didn't) and held my breath. It didn't take long to see that it was a disaster that time didn't solve. I have a co-worker who spouts the "stole the election", but in the past couple of weeks she talks about it less (because now she is on the crazy train about the vaccine, changing our DNA, or that there are micro chips in the vaccine, and then my favorite, the micro chips are in the freaking band aide).
ReplyDeleteSorry, got a little side tracked :-) Here I am again, holding my breath that Biden will do a decent job.
Trump didn't win the election in 2016. He was elected by our antiquated system. I am no Hillary fan, either. But I really hoped that even though he wasn't the popular choice that he'd step up and try to be a good president. That his pride would cause him to make a fucking effort. Well, we saw what happened. Nepotism was just the tip of the iceberg.
DeleteI hope Biden will do his job for the country.
I have a young cousin who believes 'they' are going to track us with the vaccine. I told her that she's already being tracked if she has a cell phone.
Her biggest concern about the vaccine, posted today?
"Malaria germs" in the vaccination.