Things continue to be in normal range with my BP.
Never
claimed to be a doctor, but I do have a bit of awareness with my own
body and I'm still kicking myself in the ass for taking the
medication(s) in the first place. And in the second, third, fourth...
Haha, speaking of medications, which I keep typoing as medicatoins, don't ask me why, I know how to spell, dammit, the pharmacy messaged me yesterday to let me know the second BP medication, Lisinipril, that had been prescribed (back in April? I think?) has been refilled and it's time for me to come pick it up.
Yeah, that's not happening.
Then, the Metoprolol, which almost fucking killed me... my DOCTOR'S OFFICE messaged me this morning to ask which dosage to send to pharmacy to be refilled!
You know, the stuff that I quit taking 'cause it was causing my BP to go higher than most of the satellites in low earth orbit?
The stuff that landed me in the ER not once but twice in the same week? Yeah, that stuff.
MY DOCTOR'S OFFICE. WANTS. TO. KNOW. WHAT. DOSAGE. TO. GIVE ME.
Yep, I replied. And I refrained from using profanity, but it was tempting to open up a big jar of fucks and sprinkle them liberally throughout.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here's my reply:
Please update my records to reflect that Metoprolol sent my BP into the stratosphere, landed me in the emergency room not once but TWICE in a span of five days AND inspired some of the most condescending and patronizing behavior I've ever seen from medical personnel, some of them right there in your office.
Why was this not already updated?
Holy cow.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What the hell are they doing there?
They're sure not providing medical care.
Meanwhile, tomorrow is the day that the hotshot investigators are supposed to be concluding their investigation into what happened to me in the ER and at the local clinic.
I'm about half-tempted to order a t shirt to wear next time I go in.
Here's my reply:
Please update my records to reflect that Metoprolol sent my BP into the stratosphere, landed me in the emergency room not once but TWICE in a span of five days AND inspired some of the most condescending and patronizing behavior I've ever seen from medical personnel, some of them right there in your office.
Why was this not already updated?
Holy cow.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What the hell are they doing there?
They're sure not providing medical care.
Meanwhile, tomorrow is the day that the hotshot investigators are supposed to be concluding their investigation into what happened to me in the ER and at the local clinic.
I'm about half-tempted to order a t shirt to wear next time I go in.

On the good side, I have just taken a blueberry cobbler out of the oven (it's 72 here today, perfect for baking, don't you agree?) and I'm going to go cut some and relax awhile before time to make dinner.
And how is your day going so far?

I've been on Lisinipril for years. Under the supervision of a decent primary care physician I've been taking both less, and only once a day.
ReplyDeleteHe says it is more to protect my kidneys than to regulate BP but does both. I was at one point in the 200's, now around 110.
Lisinipril was one of the medications that, A, didn't lower my BP and B, caused me to itch anywhere there are a lot of nerve endings. I never knew I had so many. And as soon as I stopped taking it, I stopped having the itching. huh.
DeleteNone of the bp medications worked because I did not have a BP issue, I had a reaction-to-other-meds issue.
I can't figure out what the fuck they're thinking, asking me what amount of metorprolol I'm taking... IF I were taking it, wouldn't that be information they have in my file? If not, then WHY THE HELL NOT?????? Another thing I'll be sending on to the 'investigator' person.
Itching? That is becoming a problem especially since I lost my lad friend who would rub salve on the places on my back I can't reach.
ReplyDeleteFairly common side effect.
DeleteI am sorry about your friend, is she one of the residents who passed away this year?
Yes. We are at the age it happens, often.
ReplyDeleteThat doesn't make it easier. I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.
DeleteSadly this isn't surprising. This is why my doctors have all left insurance. They say they can't treat the payment it is all insurance driven, what drugs, how much, etc. They don't even see you in that chart, just how to make their numbers so they get paid. I hope you find new doctors or at the very least get on medicare soon so you can change doctors and get rid of the hmo you have. Hang in there - I am glad you listened to your body instead of these numbnuts. And good job on the letter, mine would have been laced with profanities. :-)
ReplyDeleteI have 5 years to wait for medicare. But of course old people are disposable and no one gives a shit. I've already developed a reputation as a 'difficult' patient, I'm sure.
DeleteBut I will be communicating with my employer regarding how well I've been taken care of by Providence.
I can't even believe the screw up after screw up after screw up. WTAF?
Good grief that is ridiculous but it doesn't surprise me one bit. With Ken being sick and seeing so many doctors and being in the hospital so many times I've seen some crazy stuff.
ReplyDeleteI have started just waiting for the next crazy thing, I'm sure it won't be far off... probably have the bills in my mailbox as I write this.
DeleteI'll be pitching a fit over those, too. No way in hell am I going to pay full price for being endangered. Nope.
I am so suspicious of Western Medicine and the drugs they Push for Profit.
ReplyDeleteI am suspicious of quite a lot more than I used to be. And I sure don't have a lot of trust in my doctor or the conglomerated system of crap she's part of.
DeleteAfter my old doctor told me about having to sell, sell, sell in that practice and about all the quotas, I have zero confidence that anyone there gives a shit for me.
I do like it when "jar of fucks" can be used in a fabulous way so thank you for that. Hope the cobbler was delicious and the investigation gave you some comfort. It's Friday right now and I can't complain because it's Friday. Take care.
ReplyDeleteDidn't hear the results of the investigation on time. Surprise. No, really, just SHOCKING.
DeleteI have some little teeny jars that are made to be used for miniatures or for necklaces. I wonder if I can write that tiny on one of them...