I've been a little scarce here. Haven't been writing anything, haven't been reading anyone's blogs. I hope to get caught up in the next few days. Been a little busy.
Had to clean the house up in a hurry (and no, I didn't get it all done but it's a lot better than it was...)
A month ago, we found out Lyssa and Mason would be coming here, a week ago, we learned that it would be a little sooner than we expected.
They arrived on Monday the 18th.
We're thrilled to have them here. I have no idea how long they'll be with us, but it doesn't matter. They're in a place where they are wanted.
They brought me a grandkitty, too.
Pixel seems happy here, she likes the window in the momcave and the one in the living room.
Mason is a nice guy. He takes good care of my kid and has a sense of humor. We both like him already. I knew we would, Lyssa picked him out. It's courageous to jump in a car, drive across the US and move in with people you don't know.
I know it's courageous, I did it back in 1982. And while it didn't go well 'cause alcohol being the main resident of the house doesn't make things very calm or nice, I don't regret it. We went where we were supposed to be, I think.
Let's see. I'm trying to make sure they're comfortable. The bedroom isn't big, it's made smaller with the addition of a queen sized bed, and we only have one bathroom, but we made it work for a long time, we'll manage. We need some shelves for their room, they have a lot of stuff.
We'll be tossing some things into the shed on the weekend, including my grandmother's antique double bed, which was in the guest room.
She picked out a tall guy, so we needed a queen bed. I asked on FB if any of my local friends knew of one because I didn't want to spend a bunch of money I don't have to buy a brand new bed. A very nice person who comes to the craft gatherings we had (when times were a little more normal) told me she had a queen bad and mattress that was practically new. We drove over to Tigard to pick it up on Friday. Furthest I've been from home since the plague hit.
She wouldn't allow us to give her any money for it. She said she just wanted to help.
Ha, I should have asked her if she had any shelves. :)
We're waiting for Goodwill to open, it will be nice to be able to get stuff and NOT pay damn retail prices.
So that's what we're up to.
My sweet daughter is home and I'm overjoyed.
I'm glad she is home I know you must be happy about that. But 4 adults and one bathroom - I give you props for that Ami!
ReplyDeleteI hope it is a smooth transition for you all. Is the school year over for your job? Or will you go back once you are out of quarantine? Schools here are closed until fall but I wasn't sure if that was everywhere or just here.
Our state closed down on March 13th. School is out until at least September. I don't like our governor but on this we agreed.
DeleteMy employer is in talks with the state regarding summer camp, but if we do run one, it won't look like camps in the past, sadly. Max 10 kids, no field trips, everyone wearing masks. And kids get their own individual packages of markers, six foot social distancing observed. I can't imagine wanting to send my kid to that kind of camp, so we'll see.
So far the bathroom thing has been okay.
Your Joy is evident, I'm so glad you like Mason already, that has to be a relief for him too, how he is received. During this Pandemic, having Family is so important, contact with everyone else we can sometimes manage without... but not having Family contact would be brutal.
ReplyDeleteHe's a super nice guy and he loves my daughter. He puts her first, it's very evident. I'm happy that both my children found a good person to spend their lives with. I can't even express how wonderful it makes me feel.
DeleteYeah, I know how hard it is to move in with strangers. Sometimes it's not a good solution, but I think this will work out fine. Looking forward to Goodwill opening again so we can get them shelving for their room. They can hardly walk in there, it's not a large room and they don't have anywhere for their stuff. I wish I had a lot of money, I'd just buy them their own house. Not because I don't want them here, but because I want them to be happy and NEVER LEAVE ME. :)
And having my daughter here again is so wonderful for me, I have missed her so much.
Our daughter came to live with us a month ago and she's been a big help since her dad is sick. I'm glad things are going well with your new guests.
ReplyDeleteSo far it's great. Lyssa has been enjoying all kinds of creative stuff in the momcave, I have almost enough to stock a craft store. I'm glad I kept so much. :) Mason is a nice guy, he loves her and she loves him. It's been fairly smooth. I can't even tell you how happy it makes me that they chose to come here.
DeleteI'm so glad she's home. 2 years is too long.
ReplyDeleteTwo WEEKS was too long!! Oh my goodness. I love my son, we have a great relationship and I miss having him around now and then, but he's close, like an hour or so. Having my daughter gone was just wrenching for me. I am sorry for all the shit she had to go through, but glad she felt like she could come here with Mason and be welcome. My heart is happy.
DeleteI had been wondering when they would arrive, I'm so happy for you all to be together! Double bonus that Mason fits in. Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteThey are here a lot sooner than we had planned. There was a rather large, uh, disagreement with his mom and they said 'fine, we are leaving now. Today.'
DeleteWe had to scramble a bit. But that's okay. I am glad to have them here. It's taken a huge load off my mind.