Followers

Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Buncha Turkeys

My bunch was craaaazy this afternoon.

James made himself a large, um, appendage with some pieces of Bionicle. Haha.. that's not the first time I've seen that, either.

The first time I saw it, it was a little girl who made herself a piece of equipment. She was in Kindergarten. Four older brothers. It wasn't strange... would have been strange if she hadn't picked up a little of the boy-type play. Still makes me laugh.

I told James that none of us needed to see that sort of play, "Now please put the Bionicles away and find something else to do."

Today was crazy hair day at school. I didn't like that stupid shit when I was in school and I don't like it now. The issue with it today was that Hayden and James had a bunch of sprayed on colors in their dark hair, and everywhere they went, they left color. Leaned against the wall by the art table... green splotches. Sat on the upholstered little chairs that are in our reading corner... green and red and blue smears on those, too.

I went around with a spray bottle of our cleaning solution and a bunch of paper towels cleaning up the colors all afternoon, actually. What a pain in the ass.

Juan lost a molar this afternoon and went around showing everyone the big bleeding big hole in his gums.

Esme was really, really happy for no apparent reason and very hand-flappy and spent a great deal of time dancing with excitement and jumping up and down.

Actually, everyone was wired. They ran around in the gym for a good half hour, tossed the little frisbee rings around, tormented each other by kicking the soccer ball away from whoever was trying to get it, and generally pissing each other off.

They didn't want to make the turkey project I had for them, no one wanted to sit.

Amelia wasn't there, she rode the bus home. Will wasn't there, they had some family come in this afternoon at the airport. I can't imagine how crazy things would have been if Will had joined us, he's very sensitive to everyone else's activity levels and sometimes gets annoying to them. As if you didn't know that.

Juan's mom was late picking him up, there was a bad accident on the freeway and traffic wasn't moving. I never worry about parents arriving a little late, I know what it's like to try to manage life and work and kids.

So now it's time for me to go bake an apple pie. Boil some eggs. Do a little more cleaning. Already did the floors and cleaned the bathroom. Folded some laundry, blah blah blah.

Matt and Amy will be coming for dinner tomorrow. Hope YOU have a good day, surrounded by family/friends/people you love.

Thanks for reading all the time... I'm not controversial or all that much fun, but there are quite a few of you checking in daily. And I appreciate it.

4 comments:

  1. Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving today. Now I want an apple pie instead of the obligatory pumpkin I already made, sigh. :-)

    And I appreciate being appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like pumpkin anything. Blech.
      I saw pumpkin spice dog biscuits at the grocery store yesterday. Geez.

      Our day was nice,Matt and Amy came over.But I missed my girl quite a lot.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing all the not so controversial but oh so instructive posts with us all.
    Have a wonderful dinner tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My life isn't boring.At least not to me.
      Dinner was great, I didn't eat any turkey as usual, but everyone said it was quite tasty.

      Delete

Would it kill you to comment?