Followers

Friday, August 04, 2017

It's growing on me...

Eric made this in 2009. He said it would have cost a buttload of money if we'd had to pay the company he works for to do it. But he saved all the plants from jobs for years (they tear out the old landscape before installing the new one) and we didn't have to pay for very many plants.

Things have gotten much bigger. I love the way it looks.
The man is an artist.



2009

2009

2010

2010

2017

2017

2017

2017

11 comments:

  1. Wow! You are right, an artist. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really amazing to watch them work. (He paid some of his guys to come help). They had the trenches all done and sprinklers in by 10 AM, then plants and stuff done by 4. For the next couple weeks, he and our son did the remainder, wheelbarrows of rocks etc. Bark. I love it when it gets all overgrown.

      Delete
  2. not only lovely, but free to boot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it wasn't free. Just almost. We still had to pay for sprinklers and boulders and bark and wages for the guys who helped. But it was about 1500 by the time we were done. He said it would have been over 20 thousand if we'd had the company install. Which is ridiculous if you ask me.

      Delete
  3. Wow! Beautiful! We grow weeds...sigh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh we have some weeds, too. But it is beautiful right now. I need to take a photo when the Hypericum is blooming. And the Forsythia. But I missed them this year.

      Delete
    2. Here's what the Hypericum looks like. The flowers are about the size of a quarter. So pretty. https://amimental.blogspot.com/2012/07/hypericum.html

      Delete
  4. Well worth the wait! Really lovely.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it when it's all overgrown. Eric wants it to be a little more tame, but then he's the one who does landscaping. I come from a long line of florists and gardeners... but I kill plants. Good thing I'm not the one responsible. :)

      Delete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous! Love all the yellow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should get out there and take pictures when we have different colors. We start with yellow (the forsythia and daffodils) and then go to a bunch of purple when the Iris and Hyacinth come up. Then red when we see the crocosmia and monarda (bee balm). The yellow out there now is what we'll see until fall.

      Delete

Would it kill you to comment?