Followers

Monday, April 03, 2017

Brr. It's SPRING.

Let's see.
They pulled out the asbestos floor tiles in the hallways at school over the break.

They turned the furnace off for it, didn't want that nasty stuff blowing all through the school, of course.

But then they didn't relight the furnace. So it blows cold air. 24/7.
It was 62 degrees in that room all day long.
Some doddering old guy showed up this morning to work on it, but wasn't able to make it happen. So it blew cold air all afternoon, too.

It was actually warmer outside in the sun than it was in our little room.
Tomorrow morning I'll be wearing two shirts plus my zip up sweatshirt.

I considered building a bonfire. We could roast marshmallows.

I think I'll take a small heater in with me tomorrow morning, actually.

In other news, it *is* spring.

The bulbs are coming up, daffodils are everywhere. All the cherry, pear and other blossom-y type trees have burst out in their spring songs.

My personal favorite, the Forsythia, bloomed the week we left. Then, all the flowers fell off. They're being replaced by that pretty,  fresh yellow-green foliage that says SPRING like almost nothing else can.

I'm starting to worry about the Hypericum, though. It still looks crispy and brown and dead, the way it has all winter. There's only one branch on the whole thing that's starting to green up. Not sure if it's going to be a casualty of the nasty winter or I'm just worrying too soon about it. It is only April 3, after all.

One of my little guys in my old job gave me a hydrangea the last week of school. It sat in a pot all winter, never did get planted. I felt bad, but it just didn't happen. Well, it made it anyway. So Lyssa bought a beautiful stoneware pot and planted it this last week.

My kids continue to crack me up, or mostly. Billy just likes to argue. He likes to piss people off, too. He wants to be the center of attention and will do just about anything to get people to pay attention to him instead of anything else they're doing.

Today he wanted to argue about primary colors, saying that there's no such thing. He wanted to tell me that he could MAKE blue, red and yellow by mixing other colors. The other kids disagreed with him, telling him no, and he got quite pissed off. I suggested that he look it up instead of spending so much energy on arguing about it.

So hopefully he did that when he got home, but you know what? I doubt it. One can always hope.

It's almost Easter. Have a couple little projects for the kids to do. I told our resident comedian, Colin, that I only know one joke about rabbits.
Q: What's invisible and smells like carrots?
A: Bunny farts

Predictably, he thought that was very humorous. He laughed and then said, "Wait! Wait!"

He thought a second, then asked us, "What's invisible and smells like candy?"

When we didn't know, he answered, "Halloween farts!!"
Then he just lost it, laughing until he had to sit down. I was laughing at his reaction to his own joke, but he thought that we all thought his joke was funny. He's a crackup.

I'm up at 11:40 PM because for the first time in quite awhile, I got burned. Acid churned up into my throat and woke me up. I've been eating crackers and chewing up rolaid knockoffs. And can't quite lie down yet, although the burn seems to be subsiding a little bit.

I'm glad I have a job with a built in nap, 'cause I'm gonna be tired in the morning.

That's pretty much everything that's going on.
I'm angsting a little over the idea of moving my whole program again, and not really all that happy about the necessity of doing so. Had I known that it was going to happen, I might not have brought so much of my own stuff to my new job. Could have gotten by with less, I think.

I have let my office know that I will need help boxing and moving, that there's no way I am physically up to doing all of it alone. We'll see if they come through.

I'll also need rolling carts to put all my supplies on. Roll the program out in the afternoons, put it away in the mornings... ::sigh::
I was really happy about the idea of a designated space. And it's been mostly good. But there have been unexpected issues, too. Since it's only my space in the early mornings and the late afternoons. Lots of other people come in and use the space, sneeze on the tables, mess with our toys. Sort of aggravating.

I'm flexible because I have to be, not because I want to be.
I have a wish to appear accommodating and willing to change and do what's needed, but inside I'm going, "Noooooooooooooooo!!"



Sort of like when I'm rudely awakened by the sloshy damn heartburn acid in my throat. And we're totally out of celery, I have been doing so well for so long that I haven't bought any.

I suppose I could get dressed and go join the Night Things at Sprawlmart. Actually, if I went with my hair all plastered to my head, braless in my big pajama shirt (it says Kmonawannalaya on the back) and slippers would be okay, I mean it *is* only Sprawlmart... but no. Gonna eat another cracker and go back to bed.

zzzz ya later.

6 comments:

  1. Billy will grow up and be an attorney.
    I just bought the cutest rolling cart from IKEA in orange (they had black, beige etc) for my patio - check it out - will it work for your needs?http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50331762/
    one more - 1/2 tsp - 1 tsp of baking soda and a small amount of water and chug - instant heart burn relief! sounds gross but it works instantly. Not a full glass just enough to chug it - good luck :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds disgusting. So I'm sure it will be great.. will try.

      Love the cart, but need something sturdy that will last about 400 years. :)

      Billy will be the attorney who gets the criminals off with a slap on the wrist. And no one will ever like him. It's sad, he has a lot of good qualities. But one by one, the good is taken over by the not so good.

      Delete
  2. I must have missed the part about moving your program again. I thought they were building a new facility or something -- is this part of that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're building a new school. Construction begins the day after school is out this year. And at the beginning of the 2018-19 year, we'll be in an entirely new school. My room and the gym will be bulldozed at the end of this school year, so I'll spend a year in the cafeteria, then have to move AGAIN to the new school. Unless they kick me out for complaining about the cold. ;)

      Delete
  3. Will the kids go with you?

    And how cold does room have to before these people fix the furnace? Will they even let you bring an electric heater? (Rules and laws, etc?)

    Did you know they moving when you signed up for this? I am sorry for this mess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not know I was moving. Years and years ago, when I was still running a big assed warehouse, own office, own phone, pressure pressure all the damn time our company relocated. We had a 40 thousand item warehouse. Guess who was tasked with organizing, planning, moving all that shit? Yeah. Me. And so I said, "If I ever work for a company that's moving again, I will quit rather than move." It really was that gigantic a pain in the ass.
      Shit.

      Delete

Would it kill you to comment?