You see, Fluffy's husband works in a different division of the same company I work for and I didn't particularly want it to get back to her. I don't trust her. (yeah, I know, surprise surprise surprise...)
I originally decided not to apply there because of that, but Sunshine, who used to work for this company, told me Mr. Fluffy's job and the child care division were separate entities and that I shouldn't worry about it, so I applied anyway.
Y'all know what happened after that.
Dane and Colin's mom came in this week on Monday and said, "Gosh, it's a small world, isn't it? I used to work with this woman named Janey. Turns out she's doing YOUR old job at Excellent Elementary!"
"Oh?" I said, being carefully non-committal. Inside I was going, oh shit oh shit oh shit... Fluffy's going to find out where I went and I know that bitch is going to try to make trouble for me. SHIT.Mom went on to say, "She really dislikes the manager. Said that she's very overbearing and that the kids hate being there. They're required to do school work each day. Janey said that she has started letting them do crafty things and art projects more than once every two weeks and doesn't care if she gets caught, she thinks it's very unfair to the kids to have to do school after school."
I told her that was one of the reasons I wanted to leave, that disrespect for the learners. That I despise educrats who don't have the best interests of kids at heart and who can't remember what it was like to BE a kid.
I told her that I feel like I've landed in a good place.
She smiled. "My kids just love you," she said. "We are SO glad you came here."
She went on to say that she can't understand why my program isn't bigger.
I told her that I fully expect it to grow, but that this year, our information on the school's website was not up to date, so a lot of parents didn't even know we are there. She told me that unfortunately there hasn't been a site director at our school that even seemed to take the job seriously. "Such a high turnover," she said. "And no one has ever brought all this stuff and made things look so nice. The kids are having a great time here this year. We're so glad you came," she said again.
Then she told me she's going to personally make sure that a lot of people DO know I'm there so my program will grow.
I thanked her. While inside I was still going shit shit shit.
Yeah, it's small world.
shit shit shit...
Have you ever been on the Disney Small World ride?
If you'd like a facsimile of the experience, watch this video.
There
are hundreds of dolls, the song It's A Small, Small World is
synchronized so that it plays continuously through the whole little boat
ride through the castle. The dolls are dressed in costumes from
different countries, the words are sung in different languages as the
ride progresses and by the time it's over you're either going,
'Arrghhhhhhhh' or 'Awww', depending on your personality.
Personally, I enjoyed the ride.
Yes, it's sugary sweet, but I like music, I like that song and I don't mind admitting all of that.
The little dolls are cute, the costumes are adorable. What's not to like?
Personally, I enjoyed the ride.
Yes, it's sugary sweet, but I like music, I like that song and I don't mind admitting all of that.
The little dolls are cute, the costumes are adorable. What's not to like?
But I'm pretty sure the Fluffy version of the doll looks like this...
![]() |
| Why yes! I am a horrible excuse for a person! |


Odds are Mr. Fluffy can't stand Mrs. Fluffy.
ReplyDeleteCan't imagine why. I mean, it's not like she's the psycho bitch from hell or anything....
DeleteYou what? You don't TRUST Fluffy! Imagine that...
ReplyDeleteThat Fluffy doll is one psyco-looking helmet head, though. Thanks for my next nightmare. ;)
I googled 'creepy doll'. That one looked the most like her, the brittle bitch. Imagine that being you manager. Nightmare indeed.
Delete