Followers

Sunday, June 05, 2016

Well it's hotter than fuck

And that, my friends, makes me crabby.

Not that I'm all that cheerful lately anyway.

Things are fine at my little program because I really am very good at what I do, but I'm still working for the same lovely, caring people who really want to take care of the people who are making money for the company.

For example, Lyssa left for her summer vacation today. NINE days ago, I let our kind and generous manager, Fluffy, and her precious and adorable little sidekick Fluffy Jr know that I will need someone who can help me move furniture and close down my program for summer as I am on the injured reserve list. I emailed them with my needs. And I got a favorable response.

So fast forward to last night when our weekly schedule arrived via email.
They scheduled Mabel, an older lady with so many physical disabilities that all she can do is sit. That's it. It's amazing she can make it from the parking lot to the cafeteria.

Now don't get me wrong. Mabel is a very nice person. But I would not leave my children with her because if something happened, an emergency situation that required her to protect kids, I don't know that she could do it. In fact, I'm pretty sure she could not.

And with the things that need to be done, like cleaning out my stuff from that site, she's not going to be a lot of help.
It's simply amazing how well this company takes care of me. How they appreciate the long hours I put in designing extras for the summer curriculum (hint... all the stuff I came up with is hands-on and designed for fun.) Yeah, they'll learn, but that's not the purpose of the things I created for the kids. I have come to despise the word 'engagement' because Fluffy thinks unless kids are crowded around a table doing an activity, they're not 'engaged'. Which is crap.

I was asked to attend (cooped-up-all-fucking-day-downtown-in-a-goddam-office-building) summer training yesterday. My last day to hang out with my daughter before she left for the summer. I suggested to them that since I am not working summer, it really didn't seem to make sense for me to be there, but Fluffy assured me she wanted me to conduct some of the training sessions. She put me on the agenda in several different spots.

And I did a really good job of speaking and explaining and offering the benefit of my years of experience. Training people who are making more money than I am in some cases.

Because this company is fair and believes in equal pay for equal work.
And they take really good care of me, bless their greedy corporate vampire hearts.


So it was either 100 or 98 or 102 here today, depending on which weather jerk you trust. I have a screaming migraine, which happens when there is extended high atmospheric pressure.

Lyssa's flight was rerouted and delayed this morning by three hours. So we sat at the airport with her (Matt came along to see her off) and had some food and just talked. It was actually kind of nice.

Then a little bit ago, she texted me that she is stuck on the ground in Atlanta. They don't have a pilot for the flight, so they're waiting for someone to come fly the plane, apparently. Not sure. So I am going to bed, but I won't be able to sleep until I hear from her.


Eight more days of getting up at 5.
I see the 2nd opinion doctor this week.
Can't wait to get sliced and diced.

How's life in your neighborhood?

4 comments:

  1. Well, don't you think they assigned Mabel BECAUSE she's so debilitated? They are pissing all over you and not even giving you the courtesy of calling it rain. ~I only say this because it is my opinion that they are doing their darndest to push you out....which you realize, but your stubbornness (which can be an admirable quality ~ one I also call my own) encourages you to push back. Although you don't want management, I believe you should be in charge of the whole shebang.

    How wonderful you and Lyssa were able to turn waiting in the airport into some quality mom/daughter time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Matt came over to see her off, too. So the four of us sat at one of the tables in a restaurant and watched the people walk by, talked about all kinds of stuff and just spent a little time together. It was really nice.

      Delete
  2. I didn't know it got that hot where you are! We've had the AC on for months, but it hasn't gotten as hot as where you are. We're dealing with rain out the wazoo and flooding in many areas and dreading the onslaught of mosquitoes that it will cause. We have plenty already, without all this extra rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It gets hot here, but usually only a few days over 90 per year. Last summer was unusually hot, I am hoping this summer won't be as bad.

      I have a couple Texas friends, heard about all that rain. Unusual for you guys, too.

      Delete

Would it kill you to comment?