Followers

Thursday, June 09, 2016

Makes ya 'wonder'. Ha.

One of my cute short people came to me with a book yesterday morning. She was very excited because, "It's a very long book! With chapters!" Then she recited carefully, "It's the special dedition!"

I didn't correct the 'dedition' thing.
It made me smile.

She held up the book.
"There's a picture of the real Allison in here!" she said. She turned pages and found a small black and white photo to show me.
"There she is! Allison Wonderland!"

Simple joy in reading.
I hope she keeps that joy, despite the best efforts of oh, every damn adult who 'educates' children to take the fun out of reading.

2 comments:

  1. Awwwww, that's cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's an adorable little girl. Just like a butterfly, fluttering around every morning here and there, landing a moment then flying away to a new location. I really enjoy the kids I work with. :)

    ReplyDelete

Would it kill you to comment?