So I was perusing the ads on Craigslist this evening.
I often do this for several reasons.
This is how I found out that the work comp stuff wasn't just a fluke.
The company I work for really is a conglomeration of greedy assholes, as a matter of fact. They don't take care of injured workers... they hire someone to shit on them instead. Then, there's the whole pay more hourly to start than what I'm making after 12 years AND a bonus for doing what I've done 12 times... stay until the end of the school year.
Bunch of jerks.
I choose to stay. For now. Because I am valued in my school, by the children and parents I serve. It's a second home.
I have just as much respect for my company as they do for me. And as much loyalty.
If someone were to offer me a decent salary and health plan to do the same job elsewhere... well, it would be difficult to turn it down.
So in looking through the ads, I often look at jobs I'm not in the least qualified for. I am interested in seeing what's out there.
This evening, I found this ad. I went and looked.
Now I'm definitely not a rocket scientist which is why I'm working for a company that finds absolutely no value in me or what I do for them. Hey, at least I have no delusions.
But this ad? WHAT???
I think I'm understanding correctly... it's a job writing personal ads for men who for whatever reason, can't write their own.
Strikes me as dishonest, but what do I know?
So the guy gets women to respond to an ad that he didn't write. The ad she reads, thinking he's witty and smart and fun and nice is written by someone who could be anywhere. Could be written by a woman, or a man pretending to be a woman or a teenager or some perv sitting in his mom's basement in his underwear.
And some woman who thinks using a dating site is a good way to meet guys will meet up with this seemingly amazing guy and be disappointed. And if by some miracle they do hit it off, then the beginning of their relationship is based on dishonesty and subterfuge.
Has your own crazy/nutty/stressful/confusing life ever seemed like an island of sanity?
Well, me neither.
But at least I'm not dishonest.
Knowledge is valuable. When you can show that they are paying more for new hires, you have a leveraging tool when negotiating your own salary.
ReplyDelete