And they're spectacular. :)
Over the weekend our manager washed and dried most of the tie dyed shirts. I say most of them because I had a couple here at home.
They turned out pretty nice, except she washed too many of them in batches so there was a bit of dyeback on them. (White areas less-than-white). They still look really good, though. The kids were excited. Since I am familiar with several different patterns and how to band them, hearts look like hearts, bars look like bars, the chevrons are stunning. I can't wait to see all the kids in their shirts at once. I know the visual effect will be amazing.
I tied/dyed a few more this evening for the custodians who have been so helpful this summer and one for May*, who has attended so sporadically that I forgot about making her a shirt. It's okay, she will have one in the morning, I'll be up at 7 and make sure they're washed and dried and delivered to summer site by 10.
I figured the kids can autograph the ones for the custodians.
I am taking the rest of this week off. Using up all my personal time since my anniversary date with this company is fast approaching. I am beginning my 12th year working for them and my seventh year at my school.
Several schools much closer to my home have lost their site directors over the years, thereby opening up with site director positions, but I don't have a wish to move. I am so happy where I am.. a fixture at the school. 'My' parents and kids love me, I feel the same way about them. In addition, I know where everything is in my little program, and I don't have to depend on someone else to make sure I have all the items needed for any particular projects.
I've done lesson plans for the first two months of the school year, the supplies are either here at the house or at my school, and I'm ready for fall.
I'm also ready for the weather to cool off. According to the weather jerks, we're going to have warm temps clear into October. I hope they're wrong. I'm really about done with the heat.
I have a huge list of things I want to accomplish this week, and the memory of all the times I've had time to do things and not done them. Makes me feel crappy.
Tonight is a nice, cool evening. There's a breeze coming in the door near where I'm sitting, and I got a shower about 20 minutes ago, so I should sleep. Now. Instead of goofing around at the computer and then having a hard time waking up tomorrow.
Where are the photos??? I demand to see photos of the shirts!!!
ReplyDeleteWell... they're emblazoned with a company logo. And since I won't mention the name of the company I work for, it's hard. I will try to snap a photo of the back of my shirt this week if the shirt, the camera, and the light are all right in the same place at the same time.
Delete