Followers

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Yum.

Loren's* mom dropped him off this morning. He's had a bad cough, but doesn't seem ill in any other way. We discussed a little about the upcoming break time program and she left about 7:15.

He went to the art table and joined the other kids.

I called Sunshine to check on a couple details for the upcoming break.

It was probably about five minutes, and I was still on the phone when Loren came running to me, eyes wide, cheeks puffed out.

"Are you okay?"

Frantic head shake.

Ohhh. Shit. So I pointed to the garbage can.
"Garbage can!" I said.

He ran over and spewed the contents of his cheeks into the plastic liner. Grabbed a napkin and wiped his eyes and his lips.

"Are you sick, Buddy?"

"No. It's just I coughed really bad and it made me have throwup in my mouth."

So I sent him to the bathroom to wash his face and hands and tied the garbage bag closed. Moved the can into the hallway, pulled out the next can in line, and on my way past the table, pulled the emergency contact info, figuring I would catch his mom just up the street and she could come back for him.

And Robert*, Dave* and Brian* stood up in unison and made a mad dash for the garbage can, jockeying for position. They wanted to look at the barf!!!!! I stopped them, and told them it was gone anyway.

But they seriously wanted to SEE IT!!!

Kids are so gross sometimes!!

Mom came back and picked Loren up. He really didn't seem sick, just that awful cough, which he gets at times. A bit of asthma and bronchitis and the horrible cold and dry weather we've had all combined, I think.

Poor guy.

1 comment:

  1. LOL silly kids! and coughing that hard, ouchy - poor boy.

    ReplyDelete

Would it kill you to comment?