Followers

Saturday, November 16, 2013

The Artist Formally Known as Matt

I asked him if he'd paint me an elf with a face cut out. Wanted to photograph 'my' kids for the holidaze.

I didn't give him any guidelines, just that I wanted an elf. That's nice and seasonal without any negative connotations that I'm aware of.

And when he came over this morning to go on a hike with Eric, he brought me this. :)

He even cheerfully put his face there for me to take the picture.

I can't wait for the kids to surprise their parents with a holiday photo.

11 comments:

  1. He did a GREAT JOB!!! How cool is that!

    By the way, this didn't show up again, I had to look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I deliberately didn't tell him anything other than 'elf' so I was really surprised. He and Lyssa were here before Eric and I came in, so he set it up at my spot on the kitchen table so it would face the front door when I came in. :)

      Delete
  3. Your kids are both so talented!! I'm sure the parents will love the pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lyssa has been making a ton of critters BY HAND. She has the most creative little brain. I'm going to get all her critters lined up and post some photos. You won't believe it.

      And I am not going to present the photo opportunity as an optional thing, I am going to tell the kids that as a parent, I know that this will make YOUR parents happy, so we're all going to do it. And we'll draw names to see who gets to photograph me, my assistant, and if I can get the custodian or principal to play along...

      Delete
  4. Those are the kind of gifts parents and grand parents LUV!
    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see how they turn out. I wish I could post them here, all 'my' kids are good looking and photogenic. :)

      Delete
  5. That is fantastic! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love what he came up with. It's hard not to say 'do it this way', but I have found that leaving them alone to create works best.

      Delete
  6. What a nice kid you've got there. And talented to boot.

    ReplyDelete

Would it kill you to comment?